DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of SNS Research's new report "The Big Data Market: 2016 - 2030 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals and Forecasts" to their offering.
The Big Data Market: 2016 - 2030 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts report presents an in-depth assessment of the Big Data ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, investment potential, vertical market opportunities and use cases, future roadmap, value chain, case studies on Big Data analytics, vendor market share and strategies.
The report also presents market size forecasts for Big Data hardware, software and professional services from 2016 through to 2030. The forecasts are further segmented for 8 horizontal submarkets, 14 vertical markets, 6 regions and 35 countries.
Big Data originally emerged as a term to describe datasets whose size is beyond the ability of traditional databases to capture, store, manage and analyze. However, the scope of the term has significantly expanded over the years. Big Data not only refers to the data itself but also a set of technologies that capture, store, manage and analyze large and variable collections of data to solve complex problems.
Amid the proliferation of real time data from sources such as mobile devices, web, social media, sensors, log files and transactional applications, Big Data has found a host of vertical market applications, ranging from fraud detection to scientific R&D.
Despite challenges relating to privacy concerns and organizational resistance, Big Data investments continue to gain momentum throughout the globe. The report estimates that Big Data investments will account for over $46 Billion in 2016 alone. These investments are further expected to grow at a CAGR of 12% over the next four years.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
Key Questions Answered
- How big is the Big Data ecosystem?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key Big Data software, hardware and services vendors and what are their strategies?
- How much are vertical enterprises investing in Big Data?
- What opportunities exist for Big Data analytics?
- Which countries and verticals will see the highest percentage of Big Data investments?
- In 2016, Big Data vendors will pocket over $46 Billion from hardware, software and professional services revenues.
- Big Data investments are further expected to grow at a CAGR of 12% over the next four years, eventually accounting for over $72 Billion by the end of 2020.
- The market is ripe for acquisitions of pure-play Big Data startups, as competition heats up between IT incumbents.
- Nearly every large scale IT vendor maintains a Big Data portfolio.
- At present, the market is largely dominated by hardware sales and professional services in terms of revenue.
- Going forward, software vendors, particularly those in the Big Data analytics segment, are expected to significantly increase their stake in the Big Data market.
- By the end of 2020, the author expects Big Data software revenue to exceed hardware investments by over $7 Billion.
Key Topics Covered:
2: An Overview of Big Data
3: Big Data Analytics
4: Big Data in Automotive, Aerospace & Transportation
5: Big Data in Banking & Securities
6: Big Data in Defense & Intelligence
7: Big Data in Education
8: Big Data in Healthcare & Pharma
9: Big Data in Smart Cities & Intelligent Buildings
10: Big Data in Insurance
11: Big Data in Manufacturing & Natural Resources
12: Big Data in Web, Media & Entertainment
13: Big Data in Public Safety & Homeland Security
14: Big Data in Public Services
15: Big Data in Retail, Wholesale & Hospitality
16: Big Data in Telecommunications
17: Big Data in Utilities & Energy
18: Big Data Industry Roadmap & Value Chain
19: Standardization & Regulatory Initiatives
20: Market Analysis & Forecasts
21: Vendor Landscape
22: Conclusion & Strategic Recommendations
Companies Mentioned - Partial List
- Accel Partners
- Actian Corporation
- Actuate Corporation
- Adaptive Insights
- Advizor Solutions
- AFS Technologies
- Alameda County Social Services Agency
- Alpine Data Labs
- Ambulance Victoria
- Antic Entertainment
- Automated Insights
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9zv8f6/the_big_data
Source: SNS Research