DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Smart Appliance Technology Analysis and Market Forecast 2016 - 2021" report to their offering.
This research evaluates the Smart Appliance marketplace including technologies, companies, solutions, products, and services. The report includes analysis of leading companies and their strategies and offerings. The report also provides extensive market projections with forecasts covering the period 2016 to 2021.
Related to Connected Home technologies, smart appliances leverage the Internet of Things (IoT) and are connected to the Cloud and control infrastructure such as utilities/smartgrid to enable more efficient and more productive use of electricity.
In addition to reducing lifecycle costs, smart appliances provide the consumer with a means of optimizing their lifestyle through configurable instructions for operation. Smart appliances include thermostats, clothes washers, dryers, microwaves, hot water heaters, and refrigerators.
Smart appliances rely upon various communications technologies including Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth, and NFC, as well as IoT and related operating systems for consumer command and control such as iOS, Android, Azure, Tizen. Implementation and operation is becoming increasingly easy for end-users, facilitating rapid growth in the Do-it-Yourself (DIY) segment.
Smart Grid integrators play an important role defining smart appliance standards through transferring knowledge, testing efficiency, and optimizing systems and networks that would communicate with both utilities and smart appliances. These companies and other entities ensure intelligent appliances receive real-time data from the AMI system to control or modulate their operation.
Select Report Findings:
- Heavy investment in the space seen from Google, Apple, Microsoft, Cisco, and Intel
- Technologies for home interconnection during the study period remain WiFi and Bluetooth
- It is expected that by 2021 DIY segment will account for 28% of global smart appliance segment
- Revenue per unit for smart appliances will fall precipitously as unit shipments increase rapidly 2018 to 2021
- Smart appliance unit shipments are expected to grow rapidly with 64.1% CAGR during the period 2016 to 2021
- Understand key IoT technologies
- Identify leaders in smart appliances
- Identify leading product and services areas
- Understand technologies driving future functionality
- Comprehensive smart appliance forecasts 2016 - 2021
- Case study for DIY Smart Appliances/Home Automation
- Recommendations for constituents across the value chain
- Bosch Hausgerate Gmbh
- General Electric
- Lg Electronics
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung Electronics
- Whirlpool Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h5cz3f/smart_appliance