DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "MediPoint: Point of Care Diagnostics - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts" report to their offering.
Point-of-care testing (POCT), as known as bedside/near-patient testing is one of the most rapidly growing areas in IVD.
Systems that are categorized as POC include the following
- Disposable systems or devices, which vary from reagent test strips for a single analyte to multi-analyte reagent strips
- Small analyzers, usually hand-held devices
- Desktop analyzers are larger and include systems designed for use in clinics or small laboratories.
POCT may be performed in a variety of locations such as in secondary care including emergency departments, ambulance service, hospital wards, and intensive treatment units; and increasingly in the community and primary care including general practice (GP), health and community centers.
- $2 billion in annual global sales and growth rate of 5.3% during the forecast period; the emerging markets: China, India and Brazil, are expected to show the fastest growth.
- A number of factors, such as the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases in developing countries, the rising incidences of lifestyle diseases such as cardiac diseases and diabetes, the rising usage of home-based POC devices, expansion of test menu, and advancements in molecular testing and lab-on-chip technology are stimulating the demand for POC testing.
- The rate of POC testing adoption will be moderated by the requirement for regulatory compliance, the pressure to control cost, and the need to demonstrate clear clinical-cost benefits of POC testing over central laboratory testing.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future POC diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the POC space across different regions?
- What are the key, high growth markets that IVD manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the POC tests currently on the market? How will emerging technologies such as molecular POC assays fulfill these unmet needs?
- What are the key factors influencing a physician to use POC tests? What is physician perception and market outlook of POC devices?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of POC devices?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Industry Overview
4 Unmet Needs
5 Market Drivers and Barriers
6 Competitive Assessment
7 Pipeline Assessment
8 Market Outlook
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Akers Bioscience
- Beckman Coulter
- Chembio Diagnostics
- EKF Diagnostics
- Meridian Bioscience
- OraSure Technologies
- Radiometer Medical
- Response Biomedical
- Roche Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthcare
- Trinity Biotech
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gs5gqq/medipoint_point