MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Piper Jaffray Companies (NYSE:PJC), a leading investment bank with one of Wall Street’s most active and awarded healthcare practices, will host its Heartland Summit on June 14, 2016 in Minneapolis.
The Piper Jaffray Heartland Summit is an exclusive annual gathering of CEOs, policy-makers and investors from across the healthcare continuum. The event’s panel-only format offers a real-time forum for discourse about the future of healthcare, the existing roadblocks and the solutions ahead.
“The Piper Jaffray Heartland Summit provides a critical forum for the sector’s most influential CEOs, investors, policy leaders and decision makers to address topics shaping healthcare today,” said Jeff Klinefelter, global head of equities at Piper Jaffray.
This year’s event hosts a distinguished group of more than 35 panelists and presenters, including:
- Joe Almeida, chairman and CEO of Baxter International Inc.
- George Barrett, chairman and CEO of Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Stan Bergman, chairman and CEO of Henry Schein, Inc.
- Bob Bradway, chairman and CEO of Amgen Inc.
- John Hammergren, chairman, president and CEO of McKesson Corporation
- Steve Hemsley, CEO of UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
- Omar Ishrak, chairman and CEO of Medtronic plc
- John Noseworthy, M.D., CEO and president of Mayo Clinic
- Rice Powell, chairman and CEO of Fresenius Medical Care AG and Co.
- Tim Ring, chairman and CEO of C.R. Bard, Inc.
- Sir Andrew Witty, chairman and CEO of GlaxoSmithKline PLC
Special guest moderators include:
- Patrick Conway, M.D., deputy administrator for innovation and quality, chief medical officer of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- George Halvorson, former chairman and CEO of Kaiser Permanente
- Marilyn Tavenner, former administrator of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and president and CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans
Panel topics will include:
- Models of Risk-Sharing in Medical Devices
- Impact of Politics and the Election on Healthcare
- Provider Evolution Toward Value-Based Care
- Making an Efficient Supply Chain
- Paradigm Shifts in Biotechnology
- Addressing the Pricing Question in Pharma
- Evolving Models of Care Delivery Outside of the Hospital
Follow the conversation using the event hashtag #PJCHeartland.
Company and investor participation in the conference is by invitation only. Clients interested in attending should contact their Piper Jaffray representative. General and research-related media inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other media inquiries should be directed to Pamela Steensland at email@example.com.
Information as of June 9, 2016. Subject to change.
About Piper Jaffray
Piper Jaffray Companies (NYSE: PJC) is a leading, international investment bank and asset management firm. Securities brokerage and investment banking services are offered in the U.S. through Piper Jaffray & Co., member SIPC and FINRA; in Europe through Piper Jaffray Ltd., authorized and regulated by the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority and Simmons & Company International Limited, authorized and regulated by the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority and the Dubai Financial Services Authority; in Hong Kong through Piper Jaffray Hong Kong Limited, authorized and regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission. Asset management products and services are offered through four separate investment advisory affiliates―U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registered Advisory Research, Inc., Piper Jaffray Investment Management LLC and PJC Capital Partners LLC; and Guernsey-based Parallel General Partners Limited, authorized and regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
© 2016 Piper Jaffray Companies, 800 Nicollet Mall, Suite 1000, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402-7036