NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--airweave and USA Volleyball have signed an agreement for the premium mattress company to become the “Official Mattress Supplier to USA Volleyball.” U.S. National Team athletes will use airweave products to get a quality night’s sleep as they prepare for the 2016 Olympic Games.
“We are excited to partner with USA Volleyball and help them to get rest and quality sleep.” airweave founder and CEO Motokuni Takaoka said.“airweave is proud of our ongoing support of TEAM USA and now USA Volleyball, extending our support to help US athletes get the best quality sleep they need to be at the top of their game.”
“This agreement is a perfect fit for USA Volleyball as we do everything in our power to enable our athletes to perform at the highest levels,” USA Volleyball Secretary General Kerry Klostermann said. “Getting a good night sleep is one of the top factors in our athletes’ training leading up to the Olympic Games, as well as performing on the grand stage come this August in Rio. The airweave technology will enhance our athletes’ ability to have a restful night sleeping.”
As part of the agreement, USA Volleyball will receive portable top mattresses for the USA indoor and beach delegations at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, along with the option for athletes to receive these products for home use prior to the Olympic Games.
In turn, airweave will have the right to use USA Volleyball’s Official Supplier marks and will have visibility within USA Volleyball’s communication network such as periodic social media posts, features on the USA Volleyball website, advertisement in Volleyball USA magazine and exhibit booth space at one of USA Volleyball’s national championship events.
Founded in 2007, airweave, a premium top mattress, has been offering comfortable support for the best possible quality sleep. The scientifically supported top mattress allows for more restful slumber through its ergonomic, breathable design, and high resilience which help users turn over more easily. airweave is proven to minimize strain on joints, reduce restlessness while sleeping and distribute weight evenly, all of which amount to a life-enhancing sleep experience that leaves people feeling invigorated and refreshed upon waking. In 2014, Motokuni Takaoka, the founder and CEO of airweave, brought his innovative Japanese technology to the United States via online sales, and in February 2015,airweave opened its first flagship store in Manhattan’s SoHo district. As of April 2016, airweave is available in other regions as well such as China, Singapore,Taiwan and Hong Kong with further business expansions around the world being envisioned. airweave is located in SoHo at 498 Broome Street. The phone number is 646.964.5020. You can visit website at airweave.com.
airweave is enhancing the daily life and athletic performance of its users, which include:
- Several National Olympic Delegations including the United States, Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland and Japan. Nearly 33 percent of the medaling athletes at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games were members of Olympic Teams to which airweave supplied mattress toppers;
- Top amateur and professional athletes around the globe, including two-time Masters Champion Bubba Watson; U.S. Olympic Gold medalist ice dancers, Meryl Davis and Charlie White; U.S. Swimmer and 11 time Olympic medalist Ryan Lochte;
- Students at the Paris Opera Ballet School, where all beds in the dormitory are furnished with airweave top mattresses;
- Students at The Royal Ballet School in London where airweave top mattresses have been introduced to their younger students at White Lodge dormitory;
- More than 500 students of IMG Academy whose residence hall features airweave top mattresses. (Sleep research has been conducted at the academy to measure the effect of airweave top mattresses on individual athletic performance.);
- First and business class passengers of Japan Airlines international flights;
- Guests at high-end hotels, such as Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi, The Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong, The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street and Park Hyatt Shanghai, Andaz on the Fifth Avenue and The Kitano New York
About USA Volleyball
USA Volleyball (USAV) is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of volleyball in the United States and is recognized as such by the Federation International de Volleyball (FIVB) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). The vision of USA Volleyball is to be acknowledged as the world leader in volleyball. In order to accomplish this mission, the following goals are to be achieved:
- Competitive Success: To win gold medals in every international competition;
- Sport Growth: To achieve full participation in volleyball at all levels and in all geographical areas;
- Sport Enhancement: To improve support services necessary for the quality and conduct of programs to ensure recognition as the authority and expert for volleyball;
- International Representation: To have influential positions on all international boards and commissions;
- Recognition: To receive consistent recognition of volleyball coaches and athletes as top world performers;
- Administration: To develop and maintain a structure which will effectively and efficiently assist in achieving the vision and mission of the Corporation; and
- Finances: To develop, implement and maintain a financial plan to achieve the vision and mission of the Corporation.
USA Volleyball is committed to and works toward opportunity for all to participate. It is an advocate for all Americans-endeavoring to assure universal access to opportunities at all levels of the game.
Thus USA Volleyball will diligently :
- Work toward provision of ample opportunity, quality opportunity and equality of access for every resident of this diverse nation.
- Act to expand opportunity for underrepresented groups and aggressively recruit participation from those groups.
- Make its daily decisions concerning resources, players, coaches, officials, administrators, and employees on the basis of individual merit and excellence of performance regardless of age, class, ancestry, color, national origin, race, religious creed, disability or handicap, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Exercise its corporate will to encourage constituent organizations to act in accordance with the foregoing principles.
USA Volleyball believes that volleyball has so many positive things to offer those who participate. First, and most importantly, whether one is a gifted athlete or a recreational player, volleyball is FUN! It is a lifetime sport enjoyed by players from 8 to 80. Participation in volleyball is not only good exercise, but also involves team cooperation and spirit. We are committed to introducing our sport to all of America. http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball