WALTHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alegeus, the market leader in consumer directed healthcare solutions, today reported record attendance at its annual Client Conference event, held recently in San Antonio – with more than 30 percent growth in attendance vs. the prior year. Participants included executives and senior leaders from the industry’s leading health plans, third party administrators, financial institutions, brokers, and other industry insiders. Conference content was aimed at helping these organizations grow their account-based programs (FSAs, HSAs, HRAs) to fully capitalize on the market shift toward consumer directed healthcare.
With consumers still struggling to manage increased financial responsibility for healthcare costs, much of the conference content focused on the consumer healthcare experience. From the opening video which provided a comical take on consumer experiences today, to a Family Feud-themed general session which underscored consumer opinions about managing their healthcare, to the unveiling of new consumer research illuminating specific spending and saving “moments of truth” that consumers are grappling with, to the launch of exciting new platform capabilities for consumer engagement – the conference offered unique insights, strategies and market-leading tools to improve the healthcare experience and make it easier to navigate for consumers.
Highlights from the event included:
- A comprehensive agenda – covering the market forces impacting consumerism, and strategies to empower healthcare consumers
- Fun and engaging presentation content – presentations went well beyond the typical conference PowerPoint fare – including staged game shows, audience-driven content, live graphic recording of sessions, competitions, interactive polls, and more
- Unveiling of market-leading Alegeus platform innovations – including expanded consumer engagement capabilities and partnerships, next generation digital channels, interactive analytics, enhanced sales and marketing support, and more
- Thought-provoking keynote speeches – from generations expert, Neil Howe, on the unique wants and needs of millennials, the next generation of healthcare consumers, and from former Disney executive, John Formica, on strategies for creating a magical customer experience
- Unique industry perspectives from valued Alegeus clients – including speakers from Anthem, BlueCross BlueShield of Massachusetts, Comerica Bank, Employee Benefits Corporation, First Financial Group, Navia Benefit Solutions, Peak1 Administrators, Rocky Mountain Reserve, TriNet, and UMB Healthcare Services
- Participation from many CDH industry luminaries – including speakers from the ABA HSA Council, Alston+Bird, Chilmark Research, MasterCard Advisors, and many other expert consultants and industry insiders
- Support for a local San Antonio charity – as Alegeus Chairman, Bob Natt presented a $10,000 donation to The Health Collaborative, an organization dedicated to improving the health status of the local community
- One-of-a-kind entertainment – from golf in a scenic quarry, to a 5K run through downtown San Antonio, to cocktails along the historic San Antonio Riverwalk, to an unforgettable evening at an authentic dude ranch in Texas hill country – guests kicked up their boots to network and take in the local flavor
“We aim to be our clients’ trusted partner, providing strategic insights, consultative support, and capabilities to fuel performance and business growth,” said Steve Auerbach, Alegeus CEO. “We are thrilled that so many of our clients, prospects, partners and peers entrusted us with their valuable time in San Antonio to collaborate, learn and grow together. It’s exciting to see this event grow over the years, and it’s been rewarding to hear the tremendous feedback from attendees that the event offers significant value to help improve their business performance.”
For a photo recap of the event, click here.
Alegeus is the market leader in consumer directed healthcare solutions, offering the industry’s most comprehensive platform for the administration of healthcare benefit accounts (including FSAs, HSAs, HRAs, wellness incentive, dependent care, and commuter accounts), the industry’s most widely-used benefit debit card, and powerful engagement solutions to help consumers maximize savings and optimize spending for their healthcare. Over 300 clients – including health insurance plans, third party administrators and financial institutions – leverage Alegeus’ deep expertise and proven technology to administer benefit accounts for more than 28.3 million members and process more than $8.9 billion in consumer healthcare payments annually. As the healthcare and benefit markets continue to evolve, Alegeus delivers solutions that enable clients to evolve their service offerings, operate their businesses more efficiently, and focus on their customers. The company is headquartered in Waltham, MA with operations in Orlando, FL and Milwaukee, WI.