DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Integrated Beverage Group (IBG) announces the nationwide launch of Replica® wines, unlocking the essence of consumers’ favorite wines for between 25-50 percent less. Using sophisticated science and proprietary, patent-pending methodology, IBG has analyzed the taste and aroma profiles of thousands of wines over the past four years. The data gained and the artisanal skills of its team of award-winning winemakers were then harnessed to reverse engineer today’s most popular wines, creating Replica.
IBG has partnered with Ellipse Analytics, an independent, ISO 17025 accredited analytical chemistry laboratory, to compile what could be the world’s largest database of taste and aroma information relating to wines and other alcoholic beverages. The lab, equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation, identifies more than 50 specific flavor and aroma profiles in each wine. The company’s winemakers use this data – and classic blending techniques – to create wines that taste virtually identical to popular national brands, but retail for as much as half off.
"Ellipse Analytics makes sure that each Replica wine meets strict scientific guidelines,” said the lab’s president, Jaclyn Bowen. “We ensure at least 90 percent chemical similarity to the wine by which each was inspired, in notes such as acid, butter, caramel, citrus, earthy, floral, fruity, herbal, nutty, oaky, smoky, spicy, sweet and tannic, in order to meet stringent IBG quality expectations.”
“We start with the flavors Americans have already embraced in their favorite wines,” said IBG president, Ari Walker. “This takes the guesswork out of creating great wines, and ensures we’re producing wines with taste and aroma profiles we already know consumers love, for a tremendous value.”
While impossible to produce an identical copy, Replica offers affordable, yet masterful reproductions of expensive, admired wines. Replica wines now available for purchase at wine retailers nationwide include:
- Pickpocket Red Blend, retailing for less than $25: Compare to The Prisoner® red blend, but at approximately 40 percent less than the prevailing retail price, depending upon the market.
- Misbehaved Pinot Noir, retailing for less than $16: Compare to Meiomi Pinot Noir®, but at approximately 20 percent less than the prevailing retail price, depending upon the market.
- Knockoff Chardonnay, retailing for less than $11: Compare to Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve® Chardonnay, but at approximately 20 percent less than the prevailing retail price, depending upon the market.
- Just Right Cabernet Sauvignon, retailing for less than $13: Compare to Joel Gott 815 Cabernet Sauvignon®, but at approximately 20 percent less than the prevailing retail price, depending upon the market.
- Embellish Pinot Noir, retailing for less than $15: Compare to Erath Oregon Pinot Noir®, but at approximately 20 percent less than the prevailing retail price, depending upon the market.
The company will expand the Replica portfolio to include additional wines across multiple price points, regions and varietals. Soon-to-be launched wines include:
- Retrofit Chardonnay, retailing for less than $25: Compare to Rombauer’s Carneros Chardonnay®, but at approximately 30 percent less than the prevailing retail price, depending upon the market.
- Label Envy Pinot Noir, retailing for less than $17: Compare to La Crema’s Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir®, but at approximately 20 percent less than the prevailing retail price, depending upon the market.
- Scapegoat Valle dell’Adige Pinot Grigio, retailing for less than $17: Compare to Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio®, but at approximately 20 percent less than the prevailing retail price, depending upon the market.
“Replica allows smart consumers, who appreciate great wine, to toss a $25 bottle of Replica in a decanter and convince their guests they’re drinking a bottle nearly double the price,” said Walker. “Who doesn't love a weekend wine at a weekday price?”
IBG Chief Wine Officer Brett Zimmerman, Master Sommelier, ensures each Replica wine passes the quality test. As one of only 233 professionals worldwide to have earned the title of Master Sommelier since the first Master Sommelier Diploma Exam nearly 50 years ago, his highly sophisticated and sensitive palette is the wine’s ultimate quality assurance.
“I taste each Replica wine numerous times throughout its process of creation,” said Zimmerman. “In the end, if the wine doesn’t taste amazing, we simply won’t bottle it.”
Using the finest grapes from Napa Valley to Barolo, IBG produces a variety of award-winning wines sold throughout the U.S. and Canada, which also include popular brands Chime®, Cara Mia®, Reaper® and Rascal®. For more information, visit replicawine.com.
About Integrated Beverage Group
Integrated Beverage Group delivers extraordinary value to alcoholic beverage consumers, and the entire supply chain, through its disruptive technology, innovative sales and marketing platform and its collection of top, accessible wine brands, including Replica®, Rascal®, Chime®, Cara Mia® and Reaper®. For more information, visit integratedbev.com.
Integrated Beverage Group is in no way affiliated with health and wellness product manufacturer, Integrated Beverage Group, Ltd. Replica® is not affiliated with The Prisoner Wine Company, Rombauer, Meiomi, Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Joel Gott, Erath, Rombauer, or Santa Margherita.