AUGUSTA, Maine--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Maine Bureau of Veterans’ Services announced the launch of its completely redesigned website available at www.maine.gov/veterans. The website was developed by the Maine Bureau of Veterans’ Services in partnership with InforME, the state’s e-government portal provider, and serves as a centralized location for veterans and their family members to receive information about resources and services available.
“The website is designed to meet the needs of our state’s nearly 130,000 veterans, as well as our Guard and Reserve members, spouses, children, caregivers, and community advocates,” Governor Paul R. LePage commented. “The site has many features that have never before existed in Maine and some that can’t be found anywhere else in the country.”
The website provides a number of unique features to make interaction with the Bureau easy, fast, and usable. The following features were deployed as part of the launch:
- An interactive map of nearly 400 veteran resources throughout Maine that are searchable by county and/or service type including employment resources, housing resources, support services, or recreational resources.
- A centralized calendar of statewide events for veterans.
- A detailed “primer” on the VA claims process that helps veterans understand how to navigate the federal benefits system and also provides answers to commonly-asked questions.
- Navigation based on user group including veterans, family members, dependents, transitioning service members, and employers.
- A clean, fresh design that is mobile-friendly and accessible.
In addition to the features on the site itself, the Bureau has set up social media accounts to encourage communication, questions, and feedback. Learn more about the Bureau of Veterans’ Services through its Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts.
Maine.gov (http://www.Maine.gov) is the official Web portal of the State of Maine. Maine.gov is a service of InforME, a collaborative effort between the state of Maine and Maine Information Network, LLC, part of the NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) family of companies.
Founded in 1992, NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of innovative digital government solutions and secure payment processing, which help make government more accessible to everyone through technology. The family of NIC companies provides digital government solutions for more than 4,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has named NIC as one of the “100 Best Small Companies in America” six times and the company has been included four times on the Barron’s 400 Index. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.