The report "Global Polysilicon Market" provides an in-depth analysis of the production, demand and spot prices of the global polysilicon market with focus on its end markets. The major trends, growth drivers as well as issues being faced by the industry are being presented in this report. The major players in the industry, Wacker Chemie, GCL Poly Energy and REC Silicon ASA are being profiled.
Polycrystallion silicon, also known as polysilicon or poly-Si, polysilicon is the purest form of silicon and the second most abundant element available in nature. It is a material consisting of small silicon crystals which differs from single-crystal silicon, used for electronics and solar cells, and from amorphous silicon, used for thin film devices and solar cells.
It is used as a feedstock material in most solar energy applications. Polysilicon can be segmented into three divisions by purity grade: Electronic Grade, Medium Grade, and Upgraded Metallurgical Grade. The market is divided into two segments by end user types: PV Industry and Semiconductor Industry.
Since the earliest iterations, the design of photovoltaic cells has evolved to a great extent. Silicon, which is also used in the microelectronics industry, is the key raw material used in the manufacturing of PVs. The report covers the concerns over base and end market of polysilicon industry on a global level along with analysis of Chinese polysilicon imports.
The key factors driving the growth of the polysilicon industry are solar cell market, semiconductor market and economic condition. Some of the noteworthy trends of this industry are decreasing production cost, decreasing polysilicon prices and strong growth of the solar PV market. However, the expansion of global polysilicon industry is hindered by rising industrial overcapacity, heavy capital requirement, China's anti-dumping policy and competition from substitutes.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Polysilicon Overview
2. Photovoltaic Cells Overview
3. Polysilicon Market Analysis
4. Polysilicon Base Market Analysis
5. Polysilicon End Market Analysis
6. Market Dynamics 6.1 Key Trends 6.1.1 Decreasing Production Cost 6.1.2 Decreasing Polysilicon Prices 6.1.3 Solid Downstream Demand 6.2 Growth Drivers 6.2.1 Rise in Solar Cell Market 6.2.2 Growing Semiconductor Industry 6.2.3 Economic Growth 6.3 Major Challenges 6.3.1 Overcapacity 6.3.2 Heavy Capital Requirements 6.3.3 High Entry Barriers 6.3.4 Level of Integration 6.3.5 Competition and Substitutes 6.3.6 China's Anti Dumping Policy
7. Competitive Landscape
8. Company Profiles
- GCL Poly Energy - REC Silicon ASA - Wacker Chemie AG
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hzckt5/global