SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--McKesson ideaShare 2016 will take place June 26–29, 2016, at McCormick Place in Chicago. The annual conference and exhibition provides an interactive forum for independent pharmacists from across the U.S. to collaborate and gain ideas for expanding their business, driving profits, and delivering better patient outcomes.
“McKesson ideaShare brings innovative ideas and industry experts together to help independent pharmacy owners discover new solutions to grow their business. With dozens of Continuing Education courses and the opportunity to network with peers for solutions to the issues they face every day, our annual conference is designed to help pharmacies invigorate their business, improve results for their patients and build the foundation for future success,” said Mark Walchirk, president, McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical.
Attendees participate in variety of educational and networking activities to learn about key pharmacy trends and get hands-on demonstrations of the latest technology, programs, and solutions to help them thrive in today’s market. A few conference highlights include:
- Opening General Session. McKesson executives will share how they are taking pharmacy into the future with practical solutions and patient-centered care. McKesson understands the current state of the industry and how to translate that into industry-leading business solutions that can make you successful. This session will focus on our long term partnership with independent pharmacies and how we are committed to their growth and success. McKesson executives will also announce the winner of the Pharmacy of the Year award and showcase their stand-out activities.
- Health Mart® Annual Meeting. More than 4,600 Health Mart members and prospective members are invited to the Annual Meeting where Health Mart President Steve Courtman will highlight why Health Mart is the fastest-growing and largest independent pharmacy franchise and demonstrate Health Mart’s approach to enabling the future success for independent pharmacy through the delivery of superior financial and clinical performance and patient profitability. Attendees will hear the latest industry insights from experts in the field of managed care, clinical performance and pharmacy operations, as well as inspiring stories from peers who are leading the way in innovative business practices that support the growth of their pharmacy through the delivery of quality patient care.
- Health Mart University Live. Following the Annual Meeting, members can choose from three sessions offering critical insight into continued business growth – two sessions will offer CE credits. The interactive sessions harness the value of peer-to-peer exchange and attendees will learn how to achieve operational efficiencies, implement local marketing and social media efforts, and utilize financial tools to maximize efficiency, generate revenue, and improve their bottom line.
- Public Policy Forum. Focusing on how healthcare reform continues to redefine our industry, attendees of this informative, business-critical discussion will gain insights on how to proactively engage with their representatives to help guide and shape policy that matters most to them as healthcare providers and business owners.
- Seminars and Continuing Education (CE) courses. Attendees will learn new strategies and skills for attracting more customers, increasing sales and growing profits. More than 30 accredited courses deliver the latest ideas and best practices from experts in clinical services, new drug therapies, marketing, merchandising, financial management and succession planning.
- Independent Ownership events. This year’s Ownership Transfer Luncheon will explore solutions to key issues around starting, buying or selling a pharmacy and will highlight how RxOwnership® expertise and tools facilitate pharmacists’ ownership goals.
- Exhibition Floor featuring more than 200 exhibitors. Participants will discover new products and services from more than 200 suppliers. They can schedule one-on-one demonstrations of the latest in pharmacy technology and services and explore the latest Rx and OTC products. The Health Mart pavilion and store focus on how Health Mart continues to invest in leveling the playing field with industry-leading solutions and a flexible engagement model to help members successfully compete and achieve long-term profitability. Participants can visit the McKesson OneStop® Generics Pavilion to learn about an exclusive savings offer and visit the new Vaccination Nation area to find a broad array of resources to support and grow their immunization business.
- Final Night Party. Conference participants will celebrate together at the inspiring Field Museum, home of the largest T. Rex ever found, while enjoying live entertainment and regional cuisine with new and old friends.
Online registration is available at www.McKessonideaShare.com
About Health Mart®
Health Mart is America’s fastest-growing independent pharmacy franchise with more than 4,600 community pharmacies across all 50 states. Health Mart pharmacies are independent and local owned so pharmacists can afford to take the time to provide personalized care and help patients understand their prescription-drug coverage, how to safely manage multiple medications, and how to take advantage of lower-cost medication options. Health Mart pharmacies are committed to making it easier for Health Mart patients to stay healthy by managing their health. For consumers looking for a higher quality of care, Health Mart offers the kind of personal service, unexpected conveniences, and trusted advice you can only get from an independent pharmacist. The Health Mart franchise is owned by Health Mart Systems, Inc., which is an affiliate of McKesson Corporation. To find a locally owned Health Mart pharmacy near you, visit healthmart.com.
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 11th on the FORTUNE 500, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated to making the business of healthcare run better. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. McKesson helps its customers improve their financial, operational and clinical performance with solutions that include pharmaceutical and medical-surgical supply management, healthcare information technology, and business and clinical services. For more information, visit mckesson.com.