LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The serial entrepreneur who was part of the founding teams behind UK restaurant group Dishoom and eyewear startup KITE, Adarsh Radia, today launches an international innovation broker, the first of its kind in the world.
Created to ‘connect the dots’ in the global growth ecosystem, WiderPool is dedicated to building meaningful relationships between growth-stage tech companies looking to scale and global corporates that are struggling to innovate.
The programme is awarding initial development capital of $250,000 with additional follow-up funding also brokered.
Adarsh Radia, Co-Founder (London) at WiderPool, said:
“WiderPool is looking to plug the innovation ‘black hole’ that currently exists in the corporate ecosystem, while at the same time solving the inefficiencies that currently exist between the start up incubator segment and VCs at the point of series funding.”
WiderPool boasts an advisory board of 45 highly connected and experienced business leaders who are based around the world. This is the first truly global network for fostering growth and innovation.
WiderPool’s model works as follows:
- A series of Global and Tailored Calls open to growth-stage tech companies, providing $250k of funding
- Tech companies receive access to WiderPool’s network of industry leading corporations worldwide
- Introduction to WiderPool’s VC network, for follow-on funding of $1m and upwards
- WiderPool offers a minority equity stake and a revenue share model that is based on the incremental new business.
Tech companies benefit from their collaboration with WiderPool through an expanded global customer base, scaling package, and consulting services, while corporates benefit from a highly effective way to action their innovation strategy.
Ignacio Macias, Co-Founder (Madrid) at WiderPool said:
“Large corporates often struggle with how to innovate effectively and aren’t tapped into the most relevant networks. WiderPool helps answer this challenge by providing corporates with access to the best new technologies on the market. Corporates can then stay focussed on their core competencies while simultaneously reaping the rewards of innovation.”
- ENDS -
WiderPool engages with global corporates and tech companies in two complementary ways:
- Global Tech Calls – WiderPool identifies the precise innovation challenges and opportunities for growth that would benefit its corporate customers.
- Tailored Tech Calls - conducted on behalf of a specific corporation to meet their individual needs.