LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The London Value Investor Conference is delighted to announce the shortlisted nominees for this year’s LVIC Best CEO Capital Allocator Award. The award will recognise Public company CEOs with the best capital allocation record judged over multiple years.
The shortlisted nominees for the LVIC Award for Best Capital Allocator at UK listed companies are:
Simon Wolfson, Next
Richard Cousins, Compass Group
Henry Engelhardt, Admiral
Ben Habib, First Property
Tim Martin, J D Wetherspoon
On average, 70% of shareholder funds are retained in businesses and not paid out to shareholders. Effective deployment of retained capital therefore makes a profound difference to investor returns.
The members of the Awards Committee which will decide on the winners are Richard Oldfield of Oldfield Partners, Andy Headley of Veritas Asset Management, Gary Channon of Phoenix Asset Management, David Shapiro of Willis Towers Watson, Hassan Elmasry of Independent Franchise Partners, Dan McCrum of the Financial Times and Simon Denison-Smith of Metropolis Capital.
The criteria which the committee will use for judging good capital allocation discipline include such things as:
- Returning capital to shareholders either through dividends or share buybacks when these offer the best available return on capital
- Saving shareholders money by controlling costs in an unusually disciplined way
- Deploying growth capex with a keen focus on return on investment
- Shutting down or selling poor return, non-core or loss-making businesses
- Acquiring businesses or large assets at prices which deliver superior long term shareholder returns
The winner of the award will be announced at the London Value Investor Conference on Thursday 26th May 2016 – speakers at the conference include Howard Marks of Oaktree Capital, Gary Channon of Phoenix Asset Management, James Montier of GMO and Jean-Marie Eveillard of First Eagle – plus many others.
More information about these awards and the London Value Investor Conference can be found at the London Value Investor Conference website: http://londonvalueinvestor.com.