HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With the return of summer, the sixth annual Mobil SuperTM “Go the Distance” Baseball Tour is hitting the road. The 2016 edition is visiting 31 classic baseball cities and bringing the legendary, 40-foot Mobil Super RV and brand mascot Mobil Super Sam along for the ride, connecting with customers coast-to-coast via the common bond of America’s pastime.
Each stop of the tour begins at a local Mobil Super retail or quick lube partner location before heading to the ballpark to greet fans. Special prizes and promotions are available for fans in attendance, including the chance to throw the evening’s ceremonial first pitch or to join Mobil Super Sam on the field between innings for exciting games, contests or giveaways.
As part of the 31 scheduled stops during the 2016 Mobil Super Baseball Tour, eight cities will serve as “star stops,” where baseball legends will join the team. The lineup of “star stops” this summer includes:
- The tour kicked-off in Tulsa, Okla. for an early season Tulsa Drillers game before sliding into San Antonio, Texas to visit the San Antonio Missions.
- In June, the Mobil Super Tour makes its way to the West Coast, stopping in Eugene, Ore. to join the Eugene Emeralds.
- The tour then heads to the Midwest, visiting Sioux City, Iowa to catch the Sioux City Explorers and also stopping in Peoria, Ill. for a Peoria Chiefs sighting.
- The tour’s East Coast swing comes in August, with stops in Scranton, Pa. to join the Scranton RailRiders and Pawtucket, R.I. to see the Pawtucket Pawsocks. The Tour concludes in Norfolk, Va. with a visit to the Norfolk Tides.
“Nothing brings people and families together like baseball, and the Mobil Super Baseball Tour celebrates all that’s great about a day at the ballpark,” said Michele Biamonte, automotive marketing manager at ExxonMobil. “The tour has become an annual tradition, visiting great baseball cities, interacting with our valued customers and bringing baseball legends to town.”
Baseball legends joining the 2016 tour at select “star stops” greet fans and team up with employees at local retail or other designated locations during the day. In the evening, they join the Mobil Super team at the ballpark, signing autographs and interacting with fans outside the stadium prior to game time. The legends then head inside the stadium and to the field for the pre-game ceremonies. Confirmed baseball legends joining this year’s tour are:
Ryan Klesko in San Antonio, Texas on Saturday, May 14
- Ryan Klesko hit at least 21 home runs in eight of his 13 major league seasons, with a high of 34 homers in 1996. Klesko became the first player to hit a home run in three consecutive World Series road games.
Bill Buckner in Eugene, Ore. on Saturday, June 18
- Bill Buckner accumulated more than 2,700 hits in his twenty-year career, won one batting title and was named an All-Star in 1981. He is one of a few players who had 200 hit-seasons in both leagues and played in four decades.
For a full list of Mobil Super Baseball Tour stops and this year’s major leaguers, be sure to visit MobilOil.com. Additional details on the “star stops” will be announced as dates near. Timing for each “super stop” is tentative.
About Mobil SuperTM
Mobil Super is a comprehensive line of premium-quality motor oils expertly formulated to help extend engine life. Backed by the Mobil Super Engine Guarantee*, the Mobil Super family includes three products, allowing consumers to choose the right one for their particular needs:
- Mobil Super: A premium conventional motor oil that helps extend engine life, Mobil Super is guaranteed to deliver proven protection for up to 5,000 miles between oil changes and features extra cleaning additives. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super™ High Mileage: Uniquely formulated to help extend engine life in vehicles with more than 75,000 miles, this motor oil contains seal conditioners to help prevent engine leaks and reduce oil consumption. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super™ Synthetic: A full synthetic motor oil designed to help extend engine life, Mobil Super Synthetic oils provide improved engine protection in a wide variety of weather, temperatures, and driving conditions for vehicles of all ages. It outperforms our conventional and synthetic blend ending oils and is available in 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 viscosities.
* Some restrictions apply. See the guarantee for terms and conditions or call 1-800-ASK-MOBIL (275-6624).