EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Power management company Eaton today announced the new CMA Advanced Mobile Valve with Independent Metering, the most advanced valve on the market, which offers manufacturers nearly endless possibilities to differentiate machine capabilities. The CAN-enabled electrohydraulic mobile valve features on-board electronics and sophisticated software algorithms, which greatly surpasses industry standards for intelligence, capabilities, dynamics and control.
“Eaton’s new CMA Advanced Mobile Valve with Independent Metering dramatically streamlines and simplifies everything, from design and setup to operation and optimization,” said Shelley Nation, CMA lead engineer, Mobile Valves, Eaton. “Mobile equipment manufacturers are looking for products that enhance productivity and efficiency, maintain a competitive cost structure and provide real-time data.”
As part of Eaton’s advanced class of Dynamic Machine Control solutions, the CMA valve empowers original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to impact and improve every phase of the machine life cycle. Through intelligent features, the valve provides a whole new level of efficiency, productivity and predictive maintenance solutions, such as:
- Improve controllability using advanced control algorithms which can be easily configured, on the spot, to a customer’s machines specific setup. Additionally, with independent metering, which allows for independent meter-in and meter-out, there is smooth and efficient load control under any load conditions.
- Enable new capabilities with the ability to seamlessly switch between velocity and force control modes.
- Faster commissioning is made possible by a software interface which enables users to set up and tune the valve rather than swapping parts as seen in other conventional mobile valves.
- Real-time diagnostics are shared from on-board sensors which monitor pressure, temperature, position and flow, helping to detect and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Hose burst detection prevents costly spills by monitoring flow to and from the service and closing the service if a leak is detected.
- Minimize downtime with a limp mode that allows end users, in the event of sensor failure, to work at a reduced rate until the machine can be serviced.
The uniquely designed CMA valve, available with rated flow of 90 or 200 liters per minute (LPM), improves machine performance without the need to compromise. Independent metering on the valve allows each spool to control its own work port for consistent speed and better control on services which transition between passive and over-running states. Real-time diagnostics and hose burst detection are made possible through the use of twin spool architecture, on-board sensors and data processing that provide pressure information to the user interface and implements proprietary Eaton control strategies to optimize performance.
“The independent-metering, on-board electronics, sensor feedback, and dynamic capability of the valve allow for unlimited flexibility in designing control algorithms and advanced features that can be tuned for unique applications,” said Mike Rannow, CMA controls engineer, Eaton.
Additionally, the new valve’s software-driven setup reduces design and build costs and speeds time to market. Combined with Eaton’s Pro-FXTM family of electronic controls and software, the valve easily integrates with controls and allows performance optimizations to be made and tested in seconds instead of months. Pre-built software libraries and industry-standard protocols such as J1939 and CANopen also dramatically reduce development time.
Eaton’s global network of certified experts provide world-class support to manufacturers commissioning the new valve. With a vast distribution network, local support for specifying, prototyping, assembly and commissioning is available to help get new equipment to market faster.
To learn more about Eaton’s CMA Advanced Mobile Valve with Independent Metering, visit www.eaton.com/CMA.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.