MALAKOFF, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Theraclion (Paris:ALTHE) (Alternext, FR0010120402 – ALTHE, PEA-PME eligible), a company specialized in leading-edge medical equipment for echotherapy, is today announcing the outcome of its combined ordinary and extraordinary shareholders' general meeting.
In the meeting, which took place at the Company's head office on 12 May 2016, shareholders owning 71.25% of the Company's shares were present or represented and so quorum requirements were met, and shareholders passed all ordinary and extraordinary resolutions proposed by the board of directors with a very large majority.
In particular, shareholders approved:
- the parent-company and consolidated financial statements for 2015, income for the year and the appropriation of income;
- the renewal of Bernd von Polheim's term of office as director;
- the appointment of Samuel Levy and Wolfram Eichner as directors (see biographies below);
- the renewal of Ernst & Young Audit's appointment as primary statutory auditor;
- the authorisation for the board of directors to implement a share buyback programme;
- the renewal of financial authorisations granted to the board of directors to carry out capital increases with preferential subscription rights maintained or cancelled;
- the authorisation for the board of directors to reduce the Company's share capital by cancelling shares purchased under the share buyback authorisation;
- the authorisation for the board of directors to allot business founders' warrants to employees and corporate officers of the Company;
- the authorisation for the board of directors to issue and allot free of charge new or existing shares to employees and corporate officers of the Company.
As a result of the appointments made during the general meeting and Laurent Levy's resignation as director, the board of directors now consists of the following members:
- Jean-Yves Burel, Chairman of the board of directors;
- Truffle Capital, represented by Philippe Pouletty, director;
- Bernd von Polheim, director;
- Vincent Gardes, director;
- François Lacoste, director;
- Samuel Levy, director;
- Wolfram Eichner, director.
Appointment of Samuel Levy as director
In 2009, Samuel Levy co-founded Allurion Technologies, a US corporation that develops procedureless weight loss systems. He is currently Chairman of Allurion Technologies. He has degrees from Yale and Harvard Medical School.
Appointment of Wolfram Eichner as director
Wolfram Eichner has 25 years of experience in the pharmaceuticals industry, working for companies including Beiersdorf AG and Fresenius Kabi. In particular, he has gained extensive experience in drug development in the USA, Canada and Europe. He was a member of BPI's board of directors between 2001 and 2005. He also has financial expertise, which he developed at ComInvest Asset Management Gmbh, where he worked as a healthcare analyst between 2006 and 2010. Since 2011, he has been a manager and analyst at Apus Capital, a German investment fund.
Wolfram Eichner holds a degree from the University of Hanover. He has a doctorate from Braunschweig research centre for biotechnology, and an MBA from Giessen/Friedberg University. He also a certified financial analyst.
All information relating to the shareholders' general meeting is available at Theraclion's website, www.theraclion.fr, in the Investors / Documentation / General Meeting section. Voting details for each resolution will also be available in that section in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
Theraclion is a French company specializing in high-tech medical equipment using therapeutic ultrasound. Drawing on leading-edge technologies, Theraclion has designed and manufactured an innovative solution for echotherapy, the Echopulse®, allowing non-invasive tumor treatment through ultrasound-guided high-intensity focused ultrasound. Theraclion is ISO 13485 certified and has received the CE mark for non-invasive ablation of breast fibroadenomas and thyroid nodules. Based in Malakoff, near Paris, France. Theraclion has brought together a team of 34 people, 50 percent of whom are dedicated to R&D and clinical trials. For more information, please visit Theraclion’s website: www.theraclion.com.
Theraclion is listed on Alternext Paris
Mnemonic: ALTHE - ISIN Code: FR0010120402