MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SOASTA, the leader in performance analytics, announced today enhancements to its Digital Performance Management (DPM) Platform to better support digital business IT operations and developers. The Spring 2016 Release features advancements in front-end web and mobile performance optimization and support for popular open source tools and frameworks, including JMeter.
“With the rising challenge to deliver a positive customer experience, the CIO organization must develop a prioritized to-do list to thrive in this rapidly changing environment,” explained SOASTA CEO Tom Lounibos. “By analyzing performance metrics in the context of the user’s experience and business impact, SOASTA enables IT teams to prioritize and solve problems directly impacting their users, helping organizations save valuable time and resources.”
He added, “Our focus with the spring release is to meet the evolving needs of IT operations and developers, delivering performance data and efficiency. This product release offers capabilities that improve the way IT Ops and DevOps teams develop, manage and monitor critical apps and services. These enhancements address the top performance challenges faced by companies today and illustrate our ongoing commitment to DPM leadership.”
Key Enhancements and Features in SOASTA Spring Release
SOASTA mPulse highlights include:
- The most comprehensive Single Page Apps (SPA) real-user monitoring (RUM) capability with added support for the React framework, in addition to AngularJS, Ember.js and Backbone.js.
- With the spring release, SOASTA becomes the first RUM provider to support Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), critical to current customers moving to AMP but wanting to continue using mPulse.
- External solution integration with key partners and best-in-breed tools, including Rigor’s synthetic monitoring and optimization platform and Dynatrace’s APM, allowing users to pull Dynatrace APM data into mPulse. With synthetic results and RUM data correlated, a full end-to-end view of performance is provided.
SOASTA’s CloudTest platform, a proven provider of real-time analytics
for in-production testing, now supports:
- Testing using JMeter scripts at scale, with real-time analytics, unmatched geographic distribution of test servers, and real-time control that no open source or commercial competitor solution can match.
- Most complete network emulation feature for accurate performance tests which take into account network characteristics such as latency, jitter and lost packets. In addition, SOASTA’s network emulation feature allows testers to more accurately simulate real-world network conditions. The result is total insight into how networks affect performance, with the industry’s deepest real-time analytics to provide guidance on “what do we need to do next?”
- Both CloudTest and TouchTest now support version control with integration to Git and Git-compatible version control systems. With the new release, users can secure and track all changes to testing assets so that teams can make changes and stay in sync with the latest versions and even reverse a change if needed.
About APM and DPM
Lounibos added that the Spring 2016 Release demonstrates SOASTA’s commitment to the changing needs of the market and to advanced web and mobile technology. “DPM correlates important insights from APM, web analytics and testing tools to give organizations real-time, end-to-end visibility control and the ability to analyze, pinpoint, prioritize and predict performance issues based on real user behavior and conversion. With the spring release, we are providing our customers with the latest DPM technology to deliver exceptional customer experiences and business outcomes at scale,” Lounibos said.
“Digital performance management is APM with a company-wide perspective. It goes beyond APM by managing performance in a customer and business context...DPM will subsume APM, providing better insights that lead to action that is more finely tuned to business improvement,” wrote Milan Hanson and James McCormick, Forrester Research, in the February 2016 report, Brief: Take Application Performance To The Next Level With Digital Performance Management.
SOASTA is the leader in performance analytics. The SOASTA Digital Performance Management Platform enables digital business owners to gain unprecedented and continuous performance insights into their real user experience on mobile and web devices in real time and at scale. With more than 100 million tests performed and more than 250 billion user experiences measured, tested and optimized, SOASTA is the digital performance expert trusted by industry-leading brands, including 51 of the Top 100 internet retailers, six of the Forbes Top 10 media companies and seven of the Forbes Top 10 tech companies, including Apple, Target, Nordstrom, Staples, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Etsy, Nike, Best Buy, Adobe, Intuit, Microsoft, DIRECTV, Netflix and CBS. SOASTA is privately held and headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. For more information about SOASTA, visit http://www.soasta.com.