NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Every day, Colgate-Palmolive employees everywhere help bring the Company’s sustainability strategy to life by delivering innovative products that meet consumers’ needs, making a difference in the community, and reducing our environmental impact. To highlight these ongoing efforts, Colgate recently released the Company’s annual “Giving the World Reasons to Smile” Sustainability Report. The comprehensive report details Colgate’s long-standing commitments, ongoing progress and latest achievements in sustainability and social responsibility.
Highlights from the 2015 report include:
- Colgate’s flagship oral health education program, Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2016. The program has reached over 850 million children in more than 80 countries since 1991.
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition donated pet food worth a retail value of over $3.2 million to pet shelters in the United States in 2015, helping more than eight million dogs and cats find a home since the start of this program.
- Colgate improved the sustainability profile in 85 percent of new products in 2015 (based on representative products evaluated against comparable Colgate products).
- Colgate exceeded our 2015 energy and greenhouse gas reduction goals, with a 21.7 percent reduction in energy intensity and a 26.2 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions intensity in 2015 vs. 2005. Colgate was also named a U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for the sixth year in a row, with recognition for Sustained Excellence, as well as named to the U.S. EPA’s Green Power Partnership National Top 100 List.
- Colgate reduced water use intensity by over 33 percent since 2005 and continues progress in all areas of Colgate’s Water Stewardship Strategy, including engaging consumers in over 60 countries on World Water Day 2016.
- Colgate continues progress on the commitments detailed in the Company’s Policy on No Deforestation. Seventy-seven percent of Colgate’s palm oil and palm kernel oil purchases are of physical certified sustainable oils, with the balance covered by GreenPalm certificates. Colgate is also partnering with The Forest Trust to map our palm oil supply chain, engage suppliers and drive transformation.
“Through the efforts of Colgate people everywhere, we have improved the health and well-being of our communities, made our products more sustainable and helped to conserve the planet’s vital resources,” said Ian Cook, Colgate’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “All of us at Colgate are excited to continue to help make a difference for our communities and the planet as we move forward on our sustainability journey through 2020 and beyond.”
To access the full report, please visit Colgate’s Sustainability website, at ColgatePalmolive.com/Sustainability
About Colgate-Palmolive Company
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet, Hill’s Prescription Diet and Hill’s Ideal Balance. For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures oral health education program, please visit www.colgatebsbf.com. CL-C