CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands continue their growth in new markets to meet guests’ needs with the opening of 10 new hotels during the first quarter of 2016. The seven Hyatt Place hotels and three Hyatt House hotels opened in the first quarter represent approximately 30 percent of the planned Hyatt-branded select service hotels expected to open in 2016.
“The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands allow us to expand Hyatt’s presence quickly, and often in urban markets where we previously did not have a presence,” said Steven Dominguez, vice president of global brands, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House. “Developers appreciate our agility in flexing the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House design to bring some customization to this space that hasn’t existed before.”
Newly opened Hyatt Place hotels include:
- Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown (140 rooms), Asheville, N.C.
- Hyatt Place DFW (137 rooms), Dallas, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Houston/Galleria (157 rooms), Houston, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Lubbock (125 rooms), Lubbock, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Managua (140 rooms), Managua, Nicaragua
- Hyatt Place Park City (122 rooms), Park City, Utah
- Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center (149 rooms), San Juan, P.R.
Newly opened Hyatt House hotels include:
- Hyatt House Dallas/Frisco (132 rooms), Frisco, Tex.
- Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar (135 rooms), Lakewood, Colo.
- Hyatt House Naples/5th Avenue (183 rooms), Naples, Fla.
“The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands are on a terrific trajectory,” said Jim Chu, senior vice president, franchise and owner relations for Hyatt. “Their growth illustrates the success of the select service model as these brands continue to create value for our guests and owners.”
Combined, there are 316 Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels open in more than 200 cities around the world, building a network that supports both corporate customers and transient guests. As of December 31, 2015, 58 percent of Hyatt’s base of executed hotel contracts are comprised of Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels. This includes:
- United States and Canada: More than 45 executed contracts for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels, within urban and lifestyle centers, university markets and adaptive re-use developments.
- Latin America: Ten executed contracts for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in locations such as São José de Rio Preto, Sorocaba and Macaé, Brazil; San Salvador, El Salvador; San Pedro Sula, Honduras; Celaya, Chihuahua and Mexico City, Mexico; and Costa del Este, Panama.
- Europe and Africa: Three executed contracts for Hyatt Place hotels in London, Zurich and Frankfurt, Germany.
- Middle East and Southwest Asia: More than 20 executed contracts for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels throughout the Middle East and Southwest Asia in locations such as Gurgaon, Hyderabad, and Bangalore, India; Riyadh, Jeddah and Makkah, Saudi Arabia; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Asia Pacific: More than 15 executed contracts for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels throughout Asia in locations including Melbourne, Australia; Shenzhen, Shanghai, Wuxi, Tianjin, and Beijing, China; Jakarta, Indonesia; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Phuket and Bangkok, Thailand.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
About Hyatt Place
Hyatt Place, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, combines style, innovation and 24/7 convenience to create a seamless stay with modern comforts. There are more than 245 Hyatt Place locations in the United States, Armenia, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Honduras, India, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, The Netherlands, and United Arab Emirates. Join the conversation on Facebook and Instagram, and tag photos with #HyattPlace and #TheresAPlaceForYou.
About Hyatt House
Hyatt House, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, launched in 2012 and offers more than 65 locations throughout the United States, China and Puerto Rico. Inspired by extensive research into guest experiences, Hyatt House hotels offer services, amenities, upscale spaces and a casual, comfortable environment that reminds guests of home. Join the conversation on Facebook, and follow Hyatt House on Pinterest for inspiration on things to do, places to see and more in the neighborhood.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H), headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 12 premier brands and 652 properties in 53 countries as of March 31, 2016. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to create value for shareholders, build relationships with guests and attract the best colleagues in the industry. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences and vacation ownership properties, including under the Park Hyatt®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric™, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt™, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™ and Hyatt Residence Club® brand names and have locations on six continents. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Forward-Looking Statements in this press release, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Our actual results, performance or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as “may,” “could,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “seek,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “likely,” “will,” “would” and variations of these terms and similar expressions, or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by us and our management, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from current expectations include, among others, the rate and pace of economic recovery following economic downturns; levels of spending in business and leisure segments as well as consumer confidence; declines in occupancy and average daily rate; the financial condition of, and our relationships with, third-party property owners, franchisees and hospitality venture partners; the possible inability of third-party owners, franchisees or development partners to access the capital necessary to fund current operations or implement our plans for growth; risks associated with potential acquisitions and dispositions and the introduction of new brand concepts; changes in the competitive environment in our industry, including as a result of industry consolidation, and the markets where we operate; general volatility of the capital markets and our ability to access such markets; and other risks discussed in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K, which filings are available from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. These factors are not necessarily all of the important factors that could cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by any of our forward-looking statements. We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are made only as of the date of this press release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, new information or future events, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking statements, except to the extent required by applicable law. If we update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that we will make additional updates with respect to those or other forward-looking statements.