TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IT WEEK—Ayla Networks, a global Internet of Things (IoT) platform for manufacturers, announced today that it is formally establishing its presence in Japan. Ayla has opened a Japan office, hired a regional manager for Japan, and announced several key partnerships and plans to launch its Asian IoT cloud service. The announcement was made at Japan IT Week Spring, Japan’s largest IT trade show, being held May 11 – 13, 2016, at Tokyo Big Sight. Ayla will be represented at the booths of Revsonic (Booth West 12-46), Murata (Booth West 3-35), and Macnica (Booth West 4-50).
“Japan has one of the world’s leading manufacturing markets, but it is currently underserved by IoT companies,” said David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks. “By extending Ayla’s presence to this fourth global region, we are enabling manufacturers in Japan to take advantage of the same IoT cloud capabilities as we already provide to manufacturers in North America, the EU and China—and for the manufacturers in these other regions to tap into the Japanese market.”
Ayla plans to add a fourth Ayla IoT cloud service—joining the ones already operating in the United States, Europe and China—to support the broader Asia region, including Japan. Ayla cloud services run on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform globally.
“As Ayla expands into more regions and connects more devices, there’s a powerful network effect that benefits every manufacturer connected to the Ayla IoT cloud,” said Bill Podrasky, vice president of business development at Ayla. “As we continue to build our IoT platform’s capabilities and features, those advancements are automatically available to everyone through the Ayla cloud, worldwide.”
As evidence of its presence and momentum in Japan, Ayla has:
- Established an office in Shin-Yokohama
- Hired Japanese native Rikiya Hashimoto as Japan Country Manager and Strategic Account Director to run the office
- Begun working with its first rep firm in Japan: Macnica, a global leader in technology products and services with its worldwide headquarters in Yokohama
- Chosen Revsonic as its initial engineering services and ODM (original design manufacturer) partner in Japan. Revsonic is headquartered in Yokohama and has design centers in Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka and Nagasaki
- Gained access to major Japanese brands through Murata, Japan’s leading module manufacturer and already a strategic partner of Ayla. Murata has three Ayla-enabled modules (two with Broadcom and one with the Marvell Wi-Fi chip).
- Added Fujitsu General and an unannounced leading Japanese manufacturer to its customer list
- Extended to Japan its partnership with Renesas, which has headquarters in Tokyo and is the leading provider in Japan of MCUs (microcontroller units)—which are needed in every connected product
- Expanded to Japan its Wi-Fi chip collaboration with Broadcom and Marvell
About Ayla Networks
Ayla Networks empowers leading manufacturers by simplifying the inherent complexity of the Internet of Things (IoT), enabling them to turn their products into smart connected systems and transform their businesses to compete in the game-changing world of connectivity. Delivered as a cloud platform-as-a-service (PaaS), Ayla’s Agile IoT platform provides the flexibility and modularity to enable rapid changes to practically any type of device, cloud or app environment. Ayla Networks was named a 2015 Cool Vendor in the Internet of Things by Gartner, Inc. Ayla’s investors include Cisco, the International Finance Corporation, SAIF Partners, Crosslink Capital, Voyager Capital, Linear Venture and SJF Ventures. For more information, visit www.aylanetworks.com.
Tags and Keywords: IoT, IoT Companies, Japan, global cloud, IoT Solution, IoT Big Data, IoT Data, IoT Data Analytics, Ayla IoT Applications, Ayla IoT Solutions, Ayla IoT Platform, Ayla IoT Cloud