DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "UK Motor Insurance Digital Effectiveness Industry Report" report to their offering.
This report looks at data from the Digital Sales Effectiveness (DSE) and Mobile Sales Effectiveness (MSE) research programmes that we ran for Motor Insurance in the UK in 2015.
The DSE and MSE programmes measured the end-to-end journey of 'in-market' consumers across desktop and mobile platforms. In 2015 research on over 3,500 in-market consumers who were actively searching for a motor insurance provider was conducted. In fact, the report has benchmarked the customer experience (CX) of up to 30 motor insurance brands across the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. As a result, the report features truly unique view of the international motor insurance marketplace. Considering this motor insurance research programme has been running since 2011, this research has significant longitudinal and 'best practice' data from which to draw insights from.
This report looks at the following areas relating to the digital sales effectiveness of the Motor Insurance industry:
- The effectiveness of the motor insurance industry to convert consumers from awareness to consideration through their online channel
- Overview of mobile vs. desktop performance specific to the online motor insurance market
- Elements of importance to mobile and desktop customers
- The importance of user experience (UX) across all devices
- The research approach to mobile design - why is mobile design different?
- An international view of desktop performance including best practice examples
- The importance of the 'quote tool'
- How important is 'trust' to motor insurance customers?
- 1st Central
- Quote me Happy
- Real Insurance
Key Topics Covered:
1. Motor Insurance Industry Performance - Mobile vs Desktop
2. Elements of importance to Mobile & Desktop Customers
3. The importance of User Experience (UX) across all devices
4. The research approach to Mobile Design
5. Motor Insurance - An international Desktop View
6. The importance of the Quote Tool
7. Key Learnings from this report
8. About the Publisher
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qlhp2b/uk_motor