The Saudi Arabia B2C E-Commerce Market 2016 report reflects that even with the decrease in petroleum based revenue, the country's retail market is sound, and online retail is growing faster than brick and mortar sales.
Saudi Arabia leads the other countries of its region in E-Commerce market attractiveness, as shown in the research. Even though neighboring UAE has a higher online sales volume and Internet penetration, factors contributing to the high attractiveness rating for Saudi Arabia include the population growth and a burgeoning retail market overall, encouraged by the government drive to move beyond a petroleum-centered economy. The value of B2C E-Commerce transactions in the country is expected to double in five years to 2020.
One challenge to the growth of online retail in Saudi Arabia is the dependence on cash-on-delivery as the predominant method of payment. Over half of Internet shoppers pay with cash, though payment with plastic is gaining traction, as card ownership is widespread and issuers are offering special products for B2C E-Commerce.
Key Questions Answered:
- What is the size of the B2C E-Commerce market in Saudi Arabia and how high is its growth potential?
- What are the main drivers and challenges for online retail development in this country?
- Which important B2C E-Commerce trends are evolving in Saudi Arabia?
- What do online shoppers in Saudi Arabia buy on E-Commerce websites and which methods do they use to pay?
Who is the online retailing market leader in this country?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Overview and International Comparisons
4. Sales & Shares
5. Users & Shoppers
- Alibaba Group
- Karir Marketing Company
- Rocket Internet
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3p3sf4/saudi_arabia_b2c