GÖTEBORG, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Wallenstam AB (publ) (STO:WALLB)
CEO Hans Wallenstam, comments on the interim report at www.wallenstam.se/filmsandpresentations. The film will be released by 8.30 a.m. (CET) at the latest. A conference call with Susann Linde, CFO in charge of IR, will take place at 9.00 a.m. (CET) at www.financialhearings.com, the presentation is available at www.wallenstam.se/filmsandpresentations.
JANUARY 1–MARCH 31, 2016
· Income from property management amounted to SEK 167 million (150), an increase of 11 percent.
· Unrealized changes in the value of investment properties amounted to SEK 400 million (174), of which new construction represented SEK 285 million (120).
· Unrealized changes in the value of derivative instruments amounted to SEK -210 million (-138).
· Profit after tax amounted to SEK 282 million (159), equivalent to SEK 0.9 per share (0.5).
· Rental income amounted to SEK 393 million (382).
· Properties were sold with a value of SEK 71 million (-), resulting in realized changes in value of SEK 13 million (-).
· Acquisitions of properties totaled SEK 133 million (640) and investments in properties amounted to SEK 513 million (504).
· The growth rate in net asset value, excluding dividends and repurchases, on a rolling full-year basis was 21 percent.
· We had just over 1,700 apartments under construction on the closing day.
Comment from Hans Wallenstam, CEO
”The operations went according to plan during the first quarter and all numbers are pointing in the right direction: revenue and net operating income increased, income from property management improved by more than 10 percent and net asset value growth was also higher than the year-earlier period. Our new construction projects also started well in early 2016 and we expect to reach 7,500 apartments by the end of 2018, in accordance with our business plan.”
”I can confirm that more than 70 percent of the increase in the value of properties comes from our investments in new construction. Apart from the increases in value, we also see positive effects from new construction in our income from property management. Looking ahead, an increasing proportion of the value growth in our properties and of the improvement in income from property management is also expected to come from new construction projects.”
For the complete report, please refer to the attached PDF.
Wallenstam AB (publ) is required to make this information public under the provisions of the Swedish Financial Markets Act and the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was made publicly available on 26 April 2016 at 8.00 a.m. CET.
Wallenstam is a growing property company that manages, builds and develops properties for sustainable living and enterprise in Gothenburg and Stockholm. The property holding is valued at around SEK 33 billion and the customer base consists of just over 7,500 households and 1,000 enterprises. The total lettable area is around 1 million sq m. Wallenstam is self-sufficient in renewable energy through the company Svensk NaturEnergi. The company’s B shares have been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 1984.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com