China's electricity generation is on an average three-fourth dominated by coal based electricity generation. The situation, however, is changing of late due to increasing concern of environmental degradation because of carbon emissions by indiscriminate burning of coal. China is already world's largest polluter with maximum coal consumption in electricity generation for its 1.3 billion plus population and over a hundred thousand industries. China has committed before international fraternity to cut down its carbon emissions substantially in different phases. The urge to reduce carbon emissions by increased use of clean energy has brought nuclear power at the forefront of China's energy policy.
China is fastest growing nation in adding nuclear power in terms of installed capacity as well as in number of reactors. By 2020, it is likely to beat Japan and will come in the third place. At present there are 64 reactors being built around the world including 22 in China which is 15 more than in second-placed Russia. Number of nuclear reactors in China in 2025 is likely to be more than all but the US and by 2030, it is likely to exceed the USA in terms of number of nuclear reactors as well as total nuclear power installed capacity.
China's nuclear power policy was initially intended to eliminate the disproportion of energy resources between fossil fuel rich northern China and the industrious regions of south and southeast China. But the success of nuclear power and nuclear power boom across the world led the Chinese policymakers to project nuclear as the potentially major energy source in the years to come.
Key Topics Covered:
1. China Power Sector Overview
2. China Nuclear Power Sector Overview
3. China Nuclear Power Sector Indicators
4. China Nuclear Power Plants Overview
5. China Nuclear Power Sector Regulatory Landscape
6. China Nuclear Power Generation Companies
7. China Nuclear Power Sector Dynamics
8. China Nuclear Power Plant Infrastructure & Technology
9. Essence & Opportunities of Nuclear Power in China
10. China as an Emerging Exporter of Nuclear Reactor Technology
11. China Nuclear Power Sector Future Outlook
12. China Nuclear Power Sector Conclusion
- China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN)
- China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC)
State Power Investment Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2j4gb4/china_nuclear