DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "2015 Digital Storage for Media and Entertainment Report" report to their offering.
Data storage is a key element in the digital transformation of content creation, editing, distribution and reception. Data capacity and communication speed increases, form factors, lowered product prices and the growing familiarity with digital editing, digital intermediates and various forms of digital distribution are key components in the continued growth and development of entertainment.
Because of the large file sizes required for high resolution and multi-camera images there is increasing demand for high capacity storage devices. The entire content value chain of content creation, editing, archiving, distribution as well as consumer electronics content reception devices, provide an accelerating feedforward mechanism. This drives growth in data storage for all entertainment content applications.
For many archiving and distribution applications where content is relatively static low cost/high capacity SATA HDD storage, optical discs and tape-based storage libraries will predominate. Hard disk drives as well as enterprise SSDs are also used in high performance storage applications where storage cost factors must be combined with performance requirements.
For applications requiring rugged field use or fast playback response flash memory either as cards or solid state drives (SSDs) are becoming more popular.
2. The Author
3. Executive Summary
5. Cinema and Video Formats
6. Media and Entertainment Professional Storage Survey
7. Content Creation and Acquisition
8. Post Production including Editing and Special Effects
9. Media and Entertainment Content Distribution
10. Hard Disk Drives Used in Digital Cinema
11. Summary of Non-Archive Entertainment and Media Storage
12. Archiving and Digital Preservation
13. Capacity Requirements by Market Segment
14. Storage Revenue Estimates by Market Segment
15. Storage Media Projections
17. Some Media and Entertainment Market Companies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vh52m3/2015_digital