HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After a week of record-area rain in the Houston area, Sprint (NYSE:S) is assisting local customers who have been impacted by the floods. The company is offering affected data customers a service credit of up to $50 per device for a limited time. Affected Sprint customers should visit a Houston-area Sprint store in order to receive the credit.
Additionally, impacted Sprint customers will receive up to 50 percent discounts on select charging accessories1, from April 21, 2016 through May 4, 2016. And, Sprint is helping to collect food donations in its stores across Houston in support of Kids’ Meals on Wheels which is still providing meals and deliveries to families as the city continues to recover from this tragedy.
“Sprint is an integral part of the Houston community, so it’s important to us that we step in and do our part to help,” said John Stevens, Sprint’s Region President for Central Texas. “One of the best ways we can help demonstrate our commitment to Houston is by providing some relief to Sprint customers and our employees who are affected by the devastation.”
During natural disasters like floods, Sprint reminds customers of several steps they can take to prepare:
- Keep your wireless phone and backup batteries charged, but be aware that an interruption of wireline and commercial power could affect wireless calls.
- If possible, get extra batteries and charge them.
- In times of commercial power outages, a car adapter for your wireless phone should enable you to recharge the battery.
- Keep phones and necessary accessories in a sealed plastic bag to avoid water damage.
- Load family and emergency numbers into your wireless phone.
- Wireless networks sometimes experience heavy voice traffic during emergency events, so try sending a text message rather than making a call.
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served more than 58.4 million connections as of Dec. 31, 2015, and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America for the past five years. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1 In stock items only, while supplies last.