DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "PharmaPoint: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2024" report to their offering.
Today, the MRSA market is highly competitive, as physicians have a myriad of antimicrobial agents at their disposal that are approved to treat these severe and often life-threatening infections.
There are currently over 10 marketed antibiotics that have demonstrated potent activity against MRSA, which are frequently used to treat invasive infections in the hospital setting. GlobalData projects the global MRSA marketplace - which, for the purposes of this report, includes patients hospitalized with MRSA skin infections, pneumonia, or bacteremia in the seven major pharmaceutical markets (7MM; US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan) - to experience limited growth from 2014-2024.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the MRSA therapeutics market landscape in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan) change from 2014-2024?
- What are the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs for MRSA?
- How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline therapies compare with one another, and against existing treatment options?
- What are the key unmet needs in MRSA treatment landscape?
- What drivers and barriers will influence MRSA therapeutics sales in the 7MM over the forecast period?
- The global MRSA marketplace, which, for the purposes of this report, includes patients hospitalized with MRSA skin infections, pneumonia, or bacteremia in the 7MM, was worth approximately $1.40 billion in 2014. GlobalData projects the market to exceed $1.45 billion in sales by 2024, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.4% from 2014-2024. These sales are projected to originate predominantly from the US (with a 71% market share), followed distantly by Japan (with a 16% market share).
- The recent and expected launches of novel antimicrobial agents with potent activity against MRSA, led by Allergan's Dalvance (dalbavancin), Merck's Sivextro (tedizolid phosphate), The Medicines Company's Orbactiv (oritavancin), Debiopharm's Debio1450, and Nabriva's lefamulin, will be a principal driver of MRSA drug sales growth across the 7MM from 2014-2014.
- Competition from generics manufacturers, spurred on by the anticipated loss of patent protection for the market leaders Zyvox (linezolid) and Cubicin (daptomycin), will serve as a formidable barrier to growth for the duration of the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Disease Overview
5 Disease Management
6 Competitive Assessment
7 Unmet Need and Opportunity Analysis
8 Pipeline Assessment
9 Current and Future Players
10 Market Outlook
- The Medicines Company
- Theravance Biopharma
- Basilea Pharmaceutica
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wldll6/pharmapoint