DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "OpportunityAnalyzer: Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2024" report to their offering.
Systemic sclerosis (SSc) is a complex autoimmune disease that affects the skin and multiple internal organs. Common manifestations of SSc that are included in this report are skin fibrosis, lung fibrosis, and digital vasculopathy (including Raynaud's phenomenon [RP], and digital ulcers [DUs]). Although the etiology is not completely understood, it is believed to be caused by environmental triggers within genetically susceptible individuals.
The clinical presentation of the disease varies between patients and treatment is mostly directed at managing its complications within each internal organ, as there are no systemic or disease-modifying treatments that significantly alter the course of the disease. Most drugs used to treat SSc are off-label and include immunosuppressive agents for skin and lung fibrosis and vasodilatory agents to treat digital vasculopathy. We expect the launch of three drugs during the 2014 to 2024 forecast period, including two biologic agents for fibrosis (Genentech/Roche's Actemra and BMS' Orencia) and Allergan's Botox to treat digital vasculopathy.
Key Questions Answered
- With three drug launches, two of which are biologics, which products are forecast to generate the highest sales over 2014-2024? How are product launches expected to affect immunosuppressants?
- What do SSc specialists across the 7MM think about the evolving treatment landscape? How will the results from the Scleroderma Lung Study II and update to the 2009 EULAR guidelines affect the management of SSc?
- What corporate strategies have been employed for recent product launches? What opportunities remain for new entrants?
- According to KOLs, what are the most important unmet needs in SSc? Will these needs be addressed by pipeline agents? What needs will remain by the end of the forecast period in 2024?
- How do payers view the unmet needs for SSc and how do reimbursement practices affect drug availability?
- Biologics are expected to account for nearly half of the SSc market in 2024, with Roche/Genentech's Actemra emerging as a market leader.
- Reimbursement often poses a barrier to patients receiving proper therapy as evidence for use of off-label therapies in SSc is often lacking.
- Unmet needs are expected to remain after the forecast period, as there are no antifibrotic or disease-modifying therapies expected to launch for SSc.
- Several companies have been granted orphan designation and others from the European Medicines Agency (EMA), FDA, and Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW), which all provide incentives for drug development in this area.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Disease Overview
5 Current Treatment Options
6 Unmet Needs Assessment and Oppportunity Analysis
7 R&D Strategies
8 Pipeline Assessment
9 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
- HAC Pharma
- Eli Lilly
- CSL Behring
- Prism pharma
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8wdp65/opportunityanalyze