SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Marley Natural, the official Bob Marley cannabis brand, today debuted a broad-based collection of cannabis and lifestyle products in retail locations throughout the Bay Area. The products are designed with deep respect for Bob’s legacy and belief in the positive potential of the herb to heal and inspire us. Three collectives will be the first in the Bay Area to offer Marley Natural cannabis flower and oil to their members: Harborside Health Center (Oakland, San Jose), SPARC (San Francisco) and CBCB (Berkeley).
Marley Natural’s inaugural collection includes:
- Four categories (Green, Gold, Red and Black) of all-natural, locally-sourced, sun-grown cannabis flower and oil;
- Body Care products infused with the moisturizing power of cold-pressed hemp seed oil blended and mixed with other natural Jamaican botanicals; and
- A collection of smoking accessories made from sustainably grown American Black Walnut wood and heat-resistant, hand-blown glass.
Marley Natural cannabis products debuted originally in three Los Angeles area collectives: Green Goddess, LAPCG, and Buds & Roses in February 2016. The brand is now available in nine collectives in Los Angeles and the Bay Area. The smoking accessories and body care products are available at Ron Robinson at Fred Segal and other specialty retailers, as well as online at www.MarleyNaturalShop.com, and in the Bay Area at Azalea and Welcome Stranger. By the end of summer 2016, Marley Natural cannabis products will also be available in Colorado, Oregon and Washington.
“We are fortunate to be living during a promising time of positive change, especially with regard to cannabis and how people understand it. My father would be so happy to see so many people appreciating the natural, healing power of the herb,” said Cedella Marley, Bob’s daughter.
In the spirit of giving back, both to Jamaica and to communities that have been harmed by cannabis prohibition, Marley Natural has created a philanthropic initiative called Rise Up™, powered by GlobalGiving, a nonprofit that connects donors with grassroots projects around the world. Rise Up funds a series of carefully curated projects around the world that reflect Bob’s vision for an inclusive and compassionate community where people take care of each other and the environment.
“Marley Natural operates with a strong social conscience, and we source our products in an environmentally and socially responsible way, as we believe Bob would have wanted,” said Tahira Rehmatullah, General Manager of Marley Natural. “We are also committed to giving back to Jamaica and communities harmed by prohibition through Rise Up, which will grow in scale and scope as we expand our operations globally.”
In Jamaica, Rise Up is funding projects with three organizations – all focused on supporting communities across the island - Oracabessa Bay Fish Sanctuary, Farm Up Jamaica, and Golden Valley Farmer’s Group.
The Oracabessa Bay Fish Sanctuary is helping to ensure the sustainable livelihood of local fishers. Through their “Young Soldiers for Food Security” program, Farm Up Jamaica gives students the opportunity to gain practical farming experience by working on organic farms, increasing Jamaica’s food security, and providing much-needed job opportunities for the next generation. The Golden Valley Farmer’s Group project will enable more than 40 farmers to earn an alternative income through apiculture (bee farming) as production of their traditional crops have been heavily affected by climate change conditions.
More details about Rise Up are available at www.MarleyNatural.com/RiseUp.
About Marley Natural
Marley Natural is the official Bob Marley cannabis brand, crafted with deep respect for Bob’s legacy and belief in the positive potential of the herb to heal and inspire us. To learn more about Marley Natural, visit www.MarleyNatural.com or follow the conversation on social media using #MarleyNatural.
About Marley Natural Products
Sun-Grown Cannabis Flower and Oil
Marley Natural cannabis flower and oil are hand-selected from local farms run by experienced growers committed to sustainable growing practices. Sun-grown, natural and untainted by harmful pesticides, chemicals or fertilizers, all Marley Natural products are tested and clearly labeled for potency, purity and safety prior to sale. Marley Natural cannabis flower and oil are available in four categories, each featuring different strains depending on harvest availability:
- Marley Green features hybrid strains recommended for people beginning their journey with Marley Natural. Marley Green strains have balanced levels of THC that combine the cerebral high of sativa with the physical relaxation of indica. Marley Green strains are appropriate for anytime use.
- Marley Gold features sativa strains that offer energetic, uplifting effects that may produce a more cerebral experience compared to other cannabis strains. Marley Gold strains are appropriate for daytime use.
- Marley Red features CBD-rich strains that combine CBD and THC in a beneficial ratio. CBD-rich cannabis is frequently reported to provide patients and consumers with anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-anxiety properties without the psychoactive effects of strains high in THC. Marley Red strains are appropriate for anytime use.
- Marley Black features indica strains recommended for connoisseurs seeking a more physical, full-body experience. Marley Black strains are high in THC and appropriate for nighttime use.
Naturally-Derived Cannabis Sativa Body Care Infused with Jamaican Botanicals
The Marley Natural body care line offers naturally-derived formulas that blend the moisturizing power of hemp seed oil with Jamaican botanicals (including ginger, lemongrass, turmeric, and cerasse). All formulas contain cold-pressed hemp seed oil rich in essential fatty acids, Omega-3s and Omega-6s. All formulas are paraben, sulfate and cruelty free. Body care products are available for sale nationally via www.MarleyNaturalShop.com. The hemp seed body care products include an essential oil blend, body lotion, body wash, body salve, hand cream, bar soap and a lip balm.
Sustainably Grown American Black Walnut Smoking Accessories
Balancing intuitive design with Jamaican-inspired accents, Marley Natural’s smoking accessories cater to discerning herb connoisseurs who celebrate the ritual of smoking. The collection features products made from sustainably grown American Black Walnut wood and heat-resistant, hand-blown glass. Each product is designed to ensure durability, convenient maintenance, and a comfortable hand feel. The accessories are designed to be used only with legal smoking herbs and may not be used with tobacco products. The collection is available for sale nationally via www.MarleyNaturalShop.com. The collection includes a taster, a spoon pipe, a steamroller, a bubbler, and a grinder, as well as prep trays and storage devices.