Hundreds of water professionals from across the country will arrive this weekend in Washington, DC for Water Week 2016, April 10-16. Leading up to Earth Day 2016, Water Week provides a unique opportunity for professionals working in the field to connect with members of Congress and federal regulators to discuss the latest legislative, regulatory and legal developments that are impacting today’s water issues, as well as highlight the profession’s achievements and innovative progress in sustainable water management. Topics will include: water utility financing; innovation; affordability; nutrients; water reuse & resource recovery; energy efficiency & renewal; integrated planning; water quality criteria; stormwater; and more.
Organized by the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA), the Water Environment Federation (WEF), the Water Research Foundation (WRF), the Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF), and WateReuse—with support from national, state, and regional water organizations—Water Week 2016 will feature several high profile events, including the National Water Policy Forum, Fly-In & Expo, scheduled for April 11-13 at The Westin Washington DC City Center.
As the anchor event for the week, the National Water Policy Forum, Fly-In & Expo will feature influential speakers, policy briefings, Capitol Hill visits, roundtable dialogues, and a special expo that will showcase clean water innovations and technologies from utilities across the country. Confirmed speakers include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gina McCarthy, Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Joel Beauvais, Deputy Assistant Administrator, EPA’s Office of Water
- Amy Walter, National Editor of the Cook Political Report and former political director of ABC News
- The Honorable Jim Moran, former U.S. Representative (D-VA) and current Senior Legislative Advisor for McDermott Will & Emery
WHEN: Water Week 2016: April 10-16; National Water Policy Forum, Fly-in & Expo: April 11-13*
WHERE: Capitol Hill and The Westin Washington DC City Center, Ballroom Level (unless otherwise noted)*
Note to Editors: *Complete agendas, including times, locations, and details for the anchor and individual events, can be found here. Agendas are subject to change without notice. Please note that many of the Water Week 2016 events are open to the press. To attend the individual Water Week events, please contact the respective event organizer. If you are interested in attending the National Water Policy Forum, Fly-In & Expo, please contact any of the following Water Week 2016 media contacts:
- National Association of Clean Water Agencies: Robin Davis, 202-533-1802, email@example.com
- Water Environment Research Foundation: Carrie W. Capuco, 571-384-2097, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Environment Federation: Lori Harrison, 703-216-8565, email@example.com
- WateReuse: Zachary Dorsey, 571-445-5503, firstname.lastname@example.org