The global market for lightweight materials used in transportation reached $115.4 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach $109 billion by 2015 and $188.7 billion by 2020, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6% from 2015 to 2020.
High-strength steel accounts for the largest percentage of total tons of lightweight materials consumed, followed by aluminum and plastics.
This report provides an up-to-date assessment of the business opportunities for providers of lightweight materials that will arise over the next five years as these materials increase their penetration into various transportation markets. Includes forecast through 2020.
As the term is used in this report, transportation equipment includes all motorized vehicles or craft used to convey people, animals or cargo between two points, except for vehicles/craft used exclusively for sports or recreation applications (e.g., glider aircraft and sailboats). In this report, dual-purpose transportation equipment, such as small airplanes, is analyzed along with vehicles and craft whose purpose is primarily commercial. The report also does not cover motor vehicles, ships and aircraft built for and used by the armed forces of the United States and other nations.
The report includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- A listing of lightweight materials that are in commercial use or under development for transportation applications.
- A listing of lightweight materials and applications with the greatest commercial potential through 2020.
- Global market trends by type of material and application, 2014 to 2020.
Factors that will influence the long-term development of the market.
Use this report to:
- Identify lightweight materials with the greatest commercial potential in transportation applications over the next five years (2015 to 2020).
- Estimate the potential global markets for these technologies.
- Analyze the technical, commercial and other prerequisites for success in these markets.
Learn about issued patents related to lightweight materials for
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
Chapter 3: Overview
Chapter 4: Lightweight Materials For Transportation Applications
Chapter 5: Patent Analysis
Chapter 6: Public Policy Dimensions Of Lightweight Materials
Chapter 7: Global Market For Lightweight Materials Used In Transportation Equipment
Chapter 8: Company Profiles
- 3M Co.
- Advanced Magnesium Alloys Corp.
- Akzo Nobel NV
- Alcoa Inc.
- BASF SE
- Bayer Material Science AG
- Celanese Corp.
- Cytec Industries Inc.
- Dow Chemical Co.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours And Co.
- DWA Aluminum Composites
- Exatec LLC
- FMW Composite Systems Inc.
- Freightcar America
- Hanwha Azdel Inc.
- Hexcel Corp.
- Holland Co.
- Lanxess AG
- Lyondellbasell Industries
- Magnesium Elektron
- Siemens AG
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x4x7dl/lightweight