SAN JOSE, Calif. & AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, eBay and BigCommerce announced a strategic relationship to enable BigCommerce merchants to seamlessly list their products and manage their inventory on the eBay marketplace. BigCommerce customers will have access and exposure to more than 162 million global active eBay buyers, allowing them to grow their businesses within today’s competitive retail environment, while eBay buyers will benefit from added selection and choice.
“We’re ecstatic to welcome BigCommerce merchants to our vibrant seller community, where they’ll have the ability to deliver the best choice and selection of inventory to buyers globally,” said Hal Lawton, senior vice president, eBay North America. “We’re steadfast in our efforts to provide merchants of all sizes the tools and platform to drive their businesses and brands in a scalable, frictionless manner within today’s multi-channel environment – and that is exactly what this relationship is designed to accomplish.”
Merchants running their businesses with BigCommerce will be able to save time and operate more efficiently with the ability to list, manage and sell on the eBay marketplace through the BigCommerce control panel. Through the integration, business owners will be able to take advantage of several unique benefits, including:
- Centralized inventory management: Merchants can effortlessly sync stock levels and eBay orders with their online store, providing streamlined fulfillment and order management without the need for manually managing processes across various channels. Once integrated, merchants will be able to view their entire product catalogue and inventory.
- Rapid bulk listing and central management: Merchants can quickly create hundreds of eBay listings within a matter of minutes using customizable templates, saving hundreds of hours with automatic product mapping to eBay categories.
- Sync quantity, price and descriptions to reach more buyers: Merchants can sell their inventory in-front of a global audience by using eBay’s Global Shipping Program.
“It’s never been more important for business owners to manage and sell across multiple channels, and this partnership allows our customers to take advantage of a thriving marketplace that will bring them new customers and turn that discovery into revenue,” said Brent Bellm, CEO of BigCommerce. “Multiple sales channels can introduce complexity, but this integration will bring our customers a more efficient way to grow their businesses, and save them time previously spent managing multiple platforms.”
BigCommerce merchants will be able to take advantage of the eBay integration later this year when the service goes live. Beta testing will begin in the third quarter of 2016. To learn more, visit bigcommerce.com/ebay.
eBay By the Numbers
- eBay has 162 million active buyers
- Virtually all of the items on eBay are backed by eBay Money Back Guarantee
- 80% of merchandise sold on eBay is new
- ~85% of GMV on eBay is fixed price
- 800 million listings at any given time
- There are 300 million searches each day on eBay
- eBay apps have been downloaded 304 million times across the globe
BigCommerce By the Numbers
- BigCommerce has tens of thousands of merchants selling in more than 150 countries
- Merchants have sold more than $8 billion on the platform
- Fast-growing brands are selling up to $50 million annually on the BigCommerce platform
- Merchants experience 99.99% uptime on the industry’s most reliable cloud-based ecommerce platform
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, California, eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2015, eBay enabled $82 billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
BigCommerce is the leading ecommerce platform for fast-growing and mid-market brands. According to analysis conducted by market research firm Ipsos, online stores built on BigCommerce grow approximately twice as fast as the ecommerce industry average. BigCommerce’s cloud-based platform enables merchants such as Dorco, Gibson, Martha Stewart, Saint Heron, Toyota and Travelpro to cost-effectively grow their businesses with more traffic, higher conversion and superior performance. BigCommerce supports clients from its headquarters in Austin, Texas, and offices in San Francisco and Sydney. For more information, visit BigCommerce.com.