DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/szfb8w/composites_in) has announced the addition of the "Composites in Automotive Applications" report to their offering.
The objective of this study is to provide a comprehensive analysis of the automotive carbon-fiber-composite market that has been recently developed in order to decrease the weight of automobiles to meet upcoming government standards for average miles per gallon.
The current premise is that, by reducing the weight of automobiles, miles per gallon will increase, but achieving this objective is beset with a wide array of technical issues and higher costs.
There have been a wide array of reports on this topic, but recent developments have begun to shed more light on the requisite technologies, costs, companies involved and the probable time span needed for these changes to take place.
This market study also analyzes, among other issues, the role and impact of carbon-fiber-producing companies that produce these materials for automotive composites, the automobile producing companies themselves, changing prices of raw materials, continual upgrading of technologies and shifting government regulations.
- The global market for composites in automotive applications is forecast to increase from 8.1 million pounds in 2014 to 9.1 million pounds in 2015. This market is estimated to reach 13.2 million pounds in 2020 increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7% during the next five years, from 2015-2020.
- Composites in exterior applications is the largest segment, projected to grow from nearly 6.0 million pounds in 2015 to 8.3 million pounds billion in 2020 at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2015-2020.
- Composites used under-the-hood as a segment is projected to grow from 2.9 million pounds in 2015 to 4.6 million pounds in 2020 at a CAGR of 9.5% from 2015-2020.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
Chapter 3: Automotive Industry
Chapter 4: Automotive Segments
Chapter 5: Automotive Lightweighting
Chapter 6: Plastic Composites
Chapter 7: Automotive Interfacing With Carbon Fiber Composites
Chapter 8: What Is The Reality Of Carbon Fiber For The Automotive Industry Today?
Chapter 9: Carbon Fibers
Chapter 10: Recycling Of Automotive Composites
Chapter 11: Conferences, Meetings And Trade Shows
Chapter 12: The European Union
Chapter 13: Asian Activities In Automotive Lightweighting
Chapter 14: Other Composite-Related Automotive Industry Activities
Chapter 15: Resins Used In Automotive Composites
Chapter 16: Market Forecasts And Estimates
Chapter 17: Automotive Composite Market Estimates And Forecasts
Chapter 18: Company Profiles
Chapter 19: Appendix
- Advanced Carbon Technologies Inc.
- Advanced Composites Inc.
- Albany Engineered Composites
- AOC Llc
- Asbury Carbons
- Bulk Molding Compounds Inc.
- The Composites Group
- Continental Structural Plastics
- Cook Composites And Polymers (CPP)
- Core Molding Technologies
- Cytec Corp.
- DSM Engineering Plastics North America
- Ferro Corp.
- Glasforms Inc.
- Gurit Services Ag
- Hanwha Azdel Specialties
- Haysite Reinforced Plastics
- Hexcel Corp.
- Idi Composites International
- Interplastic Corp.
- Johns Manville
- Kringlan Composites Ag
- Meridian Lightweight Technologies
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd.
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Momentive Specialty Chemicals
- Morgan Advanced Materials And Technology
- Nippon Graphite Fiber Corp.
- Plasan Carbon Composites
- Quantum Composites
- Reichhold Chemical
- Royal Tencate Corporate Emea
- RTP Company
- Saertex Gmbh & Company
- Scott Bader Company Limited
- SGL Carbon Group
- Spencer Composite Corp.
- Teijin, Limited
- Toho Tenax Company Limited
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Zoltek Companies Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/szfb8w/composites_in
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.