CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) (http://www.groupon.com) announced a series of website, mobile and tablet enhancements that make it easier for merchants to create and manage the perfect Groupon marketing campaign for their business across any of their devices, wherever they’re located. The updates include: redesigned web and mobile tools––all under the Groupon Merchant™ brand (http://www.groupon.com/merchant), a new tablet app that allows users to track and manage their Groupon campaign and more self-service deal options, providing merchants the ability to customize the structure and appearance of their promotion.
“We’ve seen first hand that local businesses can compete in an increasingly connected world and against online giants, and we’re focused on continuing to enable that competition,” said Aaron Cooper, SVP of North America Services, Groupon. “There is no one-size-fits-all approach to bringing in new customers, which is why we’re giving merchants every option they need to run a promotion with us in a way that’s the most advantageous for their business.”
Revamped Mobile and Web Tools
- Enhanced browsing, mobile responsive interface and information about Groupon solutions sorted by merchant categories and business goals to make it easier for local businesses to find the information they need to make informed marketing decisions.
- Mobile and web tools rebranded under the Groupon Merchant banner to maintain a frictionless user experience across all platforms.
Merchant Tablet App
- The new Groupon Merchant tablet app works in tandem with existing web and mobile tools so merchants can track and manage their Groupon campaigns across all of their devices. Businesses can use the app to redeem Groupons, monitor campaign performance, share positive feedback via social media and respond to customer service inquiries.
- iPad users can download the Groupon Merchant tablet app here (http://gr.pn/merchantipad), and Android users can download the app here (http://gr.pn/merchantandroid).
Expanded Deal Builder Options
- Businesses that use the popular Deal Builder self-service platform to create their Groupon promotion can now choose a customized discount that works the best for them.
- Merchants are now able to use their own images and descriptions to make their business and Groupon promotion standout.
Groupon has worked with more than one million merchants worldwide to date. More than 90 percent of Groupon merchants have 20 or fewer employees and one-third are sole proprietors.
"Groupon" and "Groupon Merchant" are trademarks of Groupon, Inc., and "Groupon" is registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other names used may be trademarks owned by their respective holders.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.groupon.com. To download Groupon's top-rated mobile apps, visit www.groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.groupon.com/merchant.