SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics America Inc., a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, will showcase its automotive design technologies at the Automotive Megatrends Connected Car Detroit and Autonomous Car Detroit events, March 15-17, taking place at The Henry in Dearborn, Mich.
A leading semiconductor supplier for the global automotive industry, Renesas Electronics America is sharing its deep automotive design and market expertise during the conferences. Visit Renesas in booth #4 and on the exhibition floor to see the connected and autonomous vehicle technologies in action and learn more about Renesas’ ongoing innovation to enable the next generation of cockpit and infotainment systems, including the latest generation of their R-Car system-on-chip (SoC) Family and its Autonomous Driving Development Platform.
Joel Hoffmann, Open Platform Marketing Manager, Renesas Electronics, will moderate the “Connected cockpit: Will this save OEMs money in the integrated user experience development?” panel featuring Renesas Electronics America’s Ian Byers, Principal Technical Marketing Manager, and executives from DiSTI, Visteon, and Green Hills Software. The panel will address barriers to the OEM adoption of consolidated instrument cluster and infotainment systems known as “multi-domain controllers” that represent the beginning of ECU consolidation.
When: Tuesday, March 15 at 1:20 PM-2:00 PM
Where: Presidential Ballroom
Chaminda Basnayake, Principal Engineer, Renesas Electronics America, will explore the positioning technology challenges for autonomous driving, the significance of vehicle connectivity, and how these challenges can be overcome for mass deployment in his presentation, “Localization for autonomous driving”.
When: Wednesday, March 16 at 4:10 PM-4:30 PM
Where: Presidential Ballroom
Renesas Electronics America will showcase its recent connected car technologies in booth# 4, as well as having a customized vehicle featuring Renesas Electronics America’s Autonomous Driving Development Platform on display with full Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) integration. These will include:
- A multi-screen display illustrating the seamless handling of high-performance graphics across multiple displays for cockpit systems. Renesas will highlight an HD cluster, HD infotainment system, and heads-up display built, running simultaneously on a single Renesas R-Car H3 SoC – the first member of its third-generation R-Car automotive computing platform. The user interface (UI) application was developed by using DiSTI’s GL Studio.
- An automotive surround-view demo using Ethernet cameras digitally merged into a 360-degree view around the vehicle. The driver can move the vantage point fluidly to see obstacles otherwise obscured from view.
- A cabin-facing camera to determine driver attentiveness by identifying facial features and movement. This information is key to safer driving and will be essential in autonomous driving if a human driver needs to regain control of the vehicle.
- A complete V2X solution ecosystem with customizable applications and features demonstrates a connected traffic intersection with V2X and cloud reporting capabilities usable for enhanced safety and traffic management applications. The demo features the Renesas R-Car W2R V2X radio (5.9 GHz 802.11p) SoC combined with the embedded security R-Car E2 SoC as a V2X host CPU and software solutions from Renesas partners.
- A real-world collaboration sandbox for the automotive ecosystem, highlighting the integration of sensor fusion, 3D surround view, V2X, and mobile apps integration in Renesas Electronics America’s Autonomous Driving Development Platform.
All of the demos are developed on the same production-ready R-Car hardware and open software platform, leading to rapid productization.
For more information on Renesas, follow Renesas Electronics America at @RenesasAmerica on Twitter and http://www.facebook.com/RenesasAmerica.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world’s number one supplier of microcontrollers, is a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions and a broad-range of analog and power devices. Business operations began as Renesas Electronics in April 2010 through the integration of NEC Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723) and Renesas Technology Corp., with operations spanning research, development, design and manufacturing for a wide range of applications. Headquartered in Japan, Renesas Electronics has subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide. More information can be found at www.renesas.com.
(Remarks) All other registered trademarks or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.