BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BOOMTOWN, which nurtures selected startups through a 12-week mentoring program, today announced members of their fifth Internet and Mobile class along with the four companies that compose Colorado’s first Healthtech accelerator class.
The selected startups, which come from Colorado as well as four other states and two countries, are currently engaged in a rigorous program which helps them with product design and build, customer validation, financial structure and pitch development to prepare to present their companies to investors and members of the public April 13 at the Boulder Theater.
The companies are:
- McSquares: handheld, interactive whiteboards that can be used individually or snap together to create larger, collaborative displays.
- MaaxMarket: an artificial intelligence platform for small business which automates online marketing efforts including email marketing, social media and real-time website visitor tracking.
- Fanzee: a content management platform which helps create, distribute and track marketing content through social media influencers.
- FansUnite: big data and analytics for the trillion dollar online gaming industry.
- Caliber: software that provides B2B companies personality insights on their buyers to improve marketing and increase sales.
- Spiffly: a B2B platform designed exclusively for the $150 billion natural/organic food industry.
Startups participating in the first-ever Colorado Healthtech accelerator are:
- Mindful Labs: a tool to both track and reduce stress levels through monthly hair sample analysis which tracks the stress hormone cortisol coupled with a mindfulness app that provides users with stress management techniques.
- Patientory: enables patients to create their own health history data archive and gain access to data from physicians, health insurers and other relevant parties, as well as socially engage with other users about health information and experiences.
- VisibleHand: a mobile software solution that empowers direct care staff to improve patient outcomes by tracking guided observations and patient-centered best practices.
- Agathos: provides physicians with insight on treatment cost, prognosis and treatment results from other physicians, performance statistics and peer evaluations.
“We are incredibly proud of and inspired by the companies participating in both accelerator programs,” said Toby Krout, BOOMTOWN co-founder and executive director. “The visions behind each startup are impressive and we feel grateful to arm each company with the mentorship and tools necessary to bring these industry-changing visions to life.”
"The BOOMTOWN team has been incredibly invested in our learning and development,” said Andrew Trees, CEO of Agathos. “Coming from a services background, all of the concepts of product, design and user-centricity are completely new to me and the BOOMTOWN mentors and staff have made starting a product company not only exhilarating but fun.”
Those interested in attending Demo Day are encouraged to register now, as all past Demo Days have sold out. For more information and to register please visit https://boomdemo16.eventbrite.com. In addition, a private luncheon open only to investors will be held prior to Demo Day. To register for the investor event please visit https://boomtowninvestorpreview.eventbrite.com.
Applications for the next BOOMTOWN session, beginning Summer 2016, are now open at https://www.f6s.com/boomtownapplication#/apply.
Based in Boulder, Colo., BOOMTOWN aims to discover and support promising Internet, mobile, software, Internet of Things (IoT) and Healthtech startups. BOOMTOWN is currently in its fifth Internet and Mobile and first Healthtech classes and has graduated more than 30 companies since founding in 2013. For more information, visit www.boomtownboulder.com.