AUSTELL, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This changes everything! Six Flags Over Georgia, the Thrill Capital of the South, is calling on all daredevils for the premier of The New Revolution Virtual Reality (VR) Coaster, North America’s first virtual reality roller coaster. The park is also excited to announce the opening of Bugs Bunny Boomtown, featuring seven family attractions that the entire family can enjoy together.
Digital Media Kit with Hi-Res Broll and Images: https://sixflags.box.com/s/kz3t5gf6k2tv5wwh2jpqpiycbwmithk6
“We pride ourselves on offering our guests the most innovative experiences in the industry,” said Six Flags Over Georgia Park President Dale Kaetzel. “We are thrilled to be one of the first in North America to debut a new virtual reality coaster. This cutting-edge technology, combined with the highly anticipated opening of our sensational family area – Bugs Bunny Boomtown, solidifies our park as the leading destination for thrills in the region.”
Wearing Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus, thrill-seekers will wear wireless headsets and be transported into a futuristic battle to save planet Earth from an alien invasion on The New Revolution VR Coaster. Riders will become “co-pilots” of their own virtual fighter jets on one of the park’s most popular roller coasters, Dare Devil Dive and experience:
- The incredibly immersive world of virtual reality – straight up nearly 100 feet to the top of a towering skyscraper;
- Flying down a 95 degree launch off the edge of a building - beyond vertical;
- Darting between buildings and extreme aerial actions at speeds of up to 55 miles per hour;
- Daring aerobatic maneuvers through three inversions and zero-gravity hills; and
- An exhilarating battle sending guests head over heels through 2,100 feet of twisted steel track to fight alien forces and save all mankind.
For younger thrill-seekers and their families, Six Flags Over Georgia is set to debut seven attractions in the all-new Bugs Bunny Boomtown, featuring:
- Daffy Duck Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle;
- Speedy Gonzales Speed Boats, where guests will be screaming “Andale Andale” on six speed boats;
- Bugs Bunny High Seas Adventure, a chance to fly through the air on a junior sea-worthy quest;
- Yosemite Sam Wacky Wagons, an old western spin on a junior ferris wheel perfect for junior cowpokes;
- Looney Tunes Adventure Camp, an interactive playground with Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes characters;
- ACME Trucking Company, a monster truck driving voyage to help Wile E. Coyote try to capture the Road Runner; and
- Tweety Twee House, a 20-foot up and down journey into the little chirping bird’s nest.
The world’s first DC SUPER Friends family-themed section will open later this spring, featuring five new attractions.
Six Flags Over Georgia is open on weekends through May 15 and daily April 2 through 10 for Spring Break. Summer daily operation begins on May 21. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia.
2016 Season Passholders can exclusively experience The New Revolution VR Coaster on March 12 and 13. Season Passes, which include admission to Six Flags White Water in Marietta, are available online at www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia. The futuristic jet-fighting battle opens to all guests beginning March 19, for a limited-time only.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.3 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 55 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s16)
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/sixflagsovergeorgia
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/sfovergeorgia