DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zztnpv/self) has announced the addition of the "Self Administration of High Viscosity Drugs" report to their offering.
Drug developers and device designers are increasingly working in collaboration to address the goal of patient self-administration for self injecting high viscosity drugs.
Growth in biological drugs has been driven by advances in biotechnology and host-vector engineering - advances that have led to a steady stream of biologics for a number of ailments and conditions. These powerful drugs come with a high cost-per-dose and the risk of significant side effects - factors that place an elevated emphasis on administration efficiency, safety and reliability.
Key Questions Answered:
- Analyzes the market for therapeutic drugs with viscosities that cannot be delivered using standard patient self-injection devices and techniques.
- Assesses technologies and devices that are aimed at positioning high viscosity drugs for patient self-administration, including injection devices and viscosity-lowering formulation techniques.
- Analyzes design factors, material selection issues, formulation factors, and device capabilities and limitations.
- Profiles injectable drug and device participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations.
- Evaluates key therapeutic sectors for high viscosity injectables.
- Provides market data and forecasts to 2020.
Evaluates the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors
on self-injecting high viscosity drugs.
1. Executive Summary
2. The Market Opportunity
3. The Economics of Injectable Drugs
4. High Viscosity Injection Devices - Design Factors
5. Drug Properties (T/C/V)
6. High Viscosity Injection - Device Analysis
7. Specialty Autoinjectors
8. High Viscosity Injectables - the Current Market
9. Combination Products
10. High Viscosity Injectables - Key Therapeutic Sector Analysis
11. Therapy Sectors
12. Market Factors
13. Regulatory Initiatives
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zztnpv/self