DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qf4jbx/the_grocery) has announced the addition of the "The Grocery Retail Market in Uganda - Key Issues, Winning Strategies and Forecasts to 2020" report to their offering.
This report analyzes the grocery retail market in Uganda. It provides in depth historic data and five year forecasts on the growth of the grocery retail market. The report is split into chapters looking at the changing retail landscape, the underlying market dynamics powering growth, the market size and the leading supermarket chains, and the future outlook - for supermarket retailing, online grocery retail and out-of-town grocery retail.
- The prospect of major oil revenues in Western Uganda will shift the Kampala-centric investment in modern retail -in Kasese, Masindi, Arua and Fort Portal, for example, the oil industry could quickly lead to a boom in the local economy that will drive retail generally but the development of modern supermarket retailing specifically.
- Per capita spending on grocery has risen only slightly since 2011, reaching $156.3 per capita in 2015. This is, however, nearly double per capita spend in 2004.
- Among the domestic retailers, two chains predominate -Capital Shoppers and Quality Supermarkets, both of which have four large format supermarkets in Kampala. Of them, Quality Supermarkets is larger and better established, having been formed in 1980.
Key Topics Covered:
2. The Changing Retail Landscape
3. Market Dynamics
4. Grocery Retail in Uganda
5. Future Outlook and Grocery Retail Market Forecast
- Capital Shoppers
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qf4jbx/the_grocery