DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k935wv/the_grocery) has announced the addition of the "The Grocery Retail Market in Kenya - Key Issues, Winning Strategies and Forecasts to 2020" report to their offering.
This report analyzes the grocery retail market in Kenya. It provides in depth historic data and five year forecasts on the growth of the grocery retail market. The report is split into chapters looking at the changing retail landscape, the underlying market dynamics powering growth, the market size and the leading supermarket chains, and the future outlook - for supermarket retailing, online grocery.
- Kenya has one of the most formalized grocery retail markets in Africa. It also somewhat unusual in that supermarket retailing outside the major cities is also well developed. But despite the reputation of the Kenyan grocery retail sector being advanced, modern and consolidated, it is still relatively unsaturated.
- Kenya's grocery retailing landscape is dominated by domestic retailers - Nakumatt, Tuskys, Naivas, Uchumi and Ukwala mainly, but also a long list of smaller chains, many of which are local or regional limited, such as Chandarana or Tumaini (Nairobi) or Woolmatt (Rift Valley).
- We expect per capita spend on grocery to rise to $330.3 - signalling a major change in purchasing patterns, with increased spend on added value products in the fresh food, health and beauty, and alcohol categories.
Key Topics Covered:
2. The Changing Retail Landscape
- The key drivers of changing consumer lifestyles
- The impact of changing consumer lifestyles on the retail landscape
- The process of transition towards formal and modern retail as economies grow
- The impact of modernization on the retail landscape
3. Market Dynamics
- Economic growth
- Income and GDP per capita
- Governance and risk
- Logistics landscape and capabilities
- Population growth
- Household size
- Urbanization in Kenya and its impact on retail
- Key trends in urbanization in Kenya
4. Grocery Retail in Kenya
- Grocery retail market size
- Grocery retail spend per capita
- Leading supermarket chains
- Nakumatt Holdings
- Tusker Mattresses
- Naivas Supermarkets
5. Future Outlook and Grocery Retail Market Forecast
- Market forecast
- The development of supermarket retailing
- Prospects for added value supermarket retailing
- Prospects for forecourt and out of town retailing
- Prospects for online retailing
- Future outlook
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k935wv/the_grocery