BARCELONA, Spain--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pluribus Networks, the data center network solutions provider that allows your business to run unconstrained, today announced general availability of the latest release of Open Netvisor® Linux (ONVL) for Dell, Version 2.3.2, which now provides for the automatic creation of fully connected mesh networking for the data center along with deep visibility and application-awareness for applications like big data, network storage and virtual desktop infrastructure.
“Dell has taken a leadership role in bringing a full line of high-performance Open Compute Project (OCP) compliant open switches to the enterprise. The hardware specified by OCP efforts is incredible, but the true value provided is a function of the operating system loaded upon those switches,” said Robert Drost, co-founder, Pluribus Networks. “With this in mind, we designed ONVL to deliver our Virtualization-Centric Fabric (VCF™) to Dell’s open switches in order to transform them far beyond the traditional capabilities seen in Layer-2 and Layer-3 switches alone, which are a key requirement in modern data centers with virtualized applications and services.”
Key benefits of Open Netvisor Linux version 2.3.2 for Dell include:
- The ability to create an agile, fully connected and single fabric regardless of the number of switches, with the added benefit of simplified deployment and maintenance of the data center network
- Complete visibility and application-level awareness of the flow of information between applications and services for optimizing demanding applications
- The unlocking of hardware potential found in the Dell Open Networking family of switches by providing wire-speed and low-latency switching with complete Layer-2 and Layer-3 compatibility for existing infrastructures
- The industry’s only high-availability, fully distributed controller architecture based upon proven protocols, which also offers a familiar, but fabric-wide management interface
According to a September 2015 survey conducted by research firm IDC, the top three priorities for enterprise buyers of SDN solutions include:
- The need to allow the network to rapidly support new business applications
- The need to simplify the ongoing operations of the data center network
- The need to provide enhancements to an organization’s security profile through visibility of information flowing across the data center
Pluribus VCF addresses each of these high priority business requirements using proven distributed computing and networking technologies.
“At IDC, we view SDN not only as an integral element of software-defined infrastructure (SDI), but also as a critical component of datacenter transformation,” said Brad Casemore, director of research for datacenter networking, IDC. “Pluribus Networks recognizes that 3rd Platform applications – especially private cloud and data analytics, which are both essential to digital transformation – require a 3rd Platform network, which should include SDN and network virtualization.”
Pluribus open Netvisor Linux is available now and can be purchased through Dell and any of its resellers.
- Pluribus Energizes Dell Open Networking
- Network Disaggregation and Momentum in the SDN Industry (IDC webinar)
- Pluribus ONVL for Dell for Big Data (white paper)
- Pluribus ONVL for Dell for Converged Storage (white paper)
- Pluribus ONVL for Dell for VDI (white paper)
About Pluribus Networks
Pluribus Networks provides data center solutions that allow your business to run unconstrained. Our software-defined, open networking, fabric-based solutions transform existing network infrastructures into flexible and strategic assets fully aligned with today’s digital business needs. Our Virtualization-Centric Fabric (VCF™) architecture provides unprecedented insight, agility and security to customers seeking to simplify operations, run more cost effectively and bring new applications online faster. Find us on the web at pluribusnetworks.com and @pluribusnet.