BARCELONA, Spain--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The mobile accessories industry will never be the same thanks to M.E.™, a trendsetting new brand satisfying the growing demand for more than just accessories. M.E. creates a complete solution by pairing mobile accessories with practical digital services to elevate the mobile experience – an innovation for the global mobile accessories industry.
M.E. gives people what they need to power, protect, charge, connect and listen with a broad line-up of mobile enhancements that are quickly becoming daily must-haves for mobile lifestyles. The impact, however, lies within the strategic partnerships delivering great value by including complementary services with the products. Today, M.E. announced options for accessories and services bundles, with more to come in the near future.*
For protection inside and out, M.E. combines device cases and other accessories with cross-device protection from McAfee® Multi-Access from Intel Security, and also with SurfEasy for Wi-Fi and VPN security. For those interested in cloud backup and storage, Pogoplug will also be paired with accessories. For music lovers, Brightstar is also arranging an extended free trial subscription for streaming music along with headphone purchases.
By 2020, ABI Research forecasts that global revenues for mobile accessories will grow to USD $101 billion, up from USD $81.5 billion in 2015. This presents an opportunity for retailers and operators to find innovative ways to create added value and deliver a unique experience tailored to each customer’s needs. The new M.E. product categories include:
- Connect M.E. connects mobile devices for data transfer
- Protect M.E. provides smart screen protectors and anti-shock cases
- Charge M.E. offers fast, convenient and reliable charging cables
- Cover M.E. provides sensible, stylish cases for smartphones
- Hear M.E. fuses sleek, comfortable designs and high-quality audio
- Boost M.E. lets you go hands-on with stylus pens or hands-free with car mounts
“We’re distributing M.E. because the mobile accessories industry is evolving and people don’t just want accessories – they want a complete solution with the mobile accessories and services that enrich our daily lives,” said Andy Zeinfeld, Brightstar’s President of Global Channel Development. “It’s a great addition to our existing portfolio of accessory brands, and the pairing of digital services adds a ‘wow’ factor that hasn’t been previously available to consumers.”
M.E. strategic partners offer services that consumers value and need to enhance their mobile lifestyles:
- “With consumers increasingly connecting on the go, it’s more important than ever that they appropriately protect their data and mobile devices,” said John Giamatteo, corporate vice president at Intel Security. “Intel Security aims to build best in class mobile security products and works closely with brands like Brightstar to help accomplish our mission of giving mobile users the confidence to live and work more safely in the digital world.”
- “Pogoplug protects unlimited photos, videos and files for customers so that they never miss an important moment. Pogoplug's unlimited backup service is the perfect complement to M.E.'s range of accessories, making it easy to safeguard not just the physical devices, but the precious memories stored on every phone and tablet,” says Daniel Putterman, CEO of Pogoplug.
- “Consumers are more aware than ever of threats to their online privacy, especially when using public Wi-Fi. We are excited to partner with Brightstar, and to help more people stay safe and private online with SurfEasy VPN," says Chris Houston, CEO of SurfEasy.
For additional information, visit MEaccessories.mobi or follow @M.E.mobile on Instagram. If attending Mobile World Congress February 22-25, visit the Brightstar pavilion in Hall 2, stand 2120, to learn more and see the products.
* M.E. bundles will be available for purchase starting spring 2016 in North and South America, Europe and Middle East, Asia and Australia through Brightstar. The extended free trial subscription periods vary, depending on the service. Specific countries and dates will be announced locally, and bundled options may vary by market.
Brightstar, a subsidiary of SoftBank Group Corp., is a leading provider of B2B services to manufacturers, operators, retailers, and enterprises in the wireless industry. With more than 50,000 customers in about 100 countries across six continents Brightstar is firmly positioned at the center of the wireless ecosystem™ enabling it to provide a comprehensive range of innovative services that can be seamlessly integrated across its customers’ end-to-end value chains. As the largest specialized distributor and leading buyback and trade-in provider in the industry, Brightstar extends the reach of wireless while also delivering financial solutions that drive affordability and solutions to protect mobile devices. Brightstar reported global net revenues of approximately $12.1 billion in 2015. For more information, please visit www.Brightstar.com.