BARCELONA, Spain--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Explosive growth in the use of online applications, virtualization and cloud services by an array of devices has challenged assumptions about how networks should be built. To handle the huge volume of connected devices and exploit new software-based solutions for network optimization such as NFV, Cloud Computing and the IoT, NoviFlow Inc., a leading provider of high-performance OpenFlow-based switching solutions, has announced its ground-breaking software-defined networking (SDN) based Scale-Out BGP Router for carriers and hyper-scale data centers.
NoviFlow will give live demonstrations at Mobile World Congress 2016 (Booth 7H40).
NoviFlow provides high-performance, fully programmable forwarding planes and applications that are unencumbered by the limitations of legacy network equipment, and that combine the unique capabilities of SDN with the performance of Network Processors.
The NoviFlow Scale-Out Router leverages SDN and OpenFlow to disaggregate the traditional monolithic router into independently scalable elements, replacing proprietary systems with COTS hardware. The router software is replaced by NoviFlow’s Open Source SDN application, a fully functional, centrally controlled and reliable network router that is much easier to scale and far more economical to operate than traditional scale-up monolithic routers, thus reducing CAPEX by over 75% and OPEX by as much as 65%.
This approach delivers a flexible, responsive and programmable routing infrastructure far better equipped to manage exploding numbers of connected devices and vastly changed usage patterns. NoviFlow’s NoviSwitch products provide a fully programmable, high-performance OpenFlow 1.3/1.4 forwarding plane for use with even the most traffic-intensive gateway applications, and its OpenFlow Experimenter-based enhancements add significant value to SDN solutions, which are of specific interest to the carrier and hyper-scale data center communities.
Key features of NoviFlow’s Scale-Out BGP Router solution:
- Can be deployed as BGP peering router for IXPs, BGP gateway routers, IP and MPLS edge and core routers
- Allows multiple OpenFlow switches to appear as a single router
- Replaces expensive proprietary solutions with COTS hardware and Open Source Software
- Offers true linear scalability and open software defined functionality
- Field-proven commercial-grade routing stacks: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS and LDP
- Built on the ONOS controller for carrier grade reliability and scalability
Used with NoviFlow’s NoviSwitch high-performance/high-capacity
- Supports up to 1 millions flows in TCAM and 3 million in DRAM and up to 40,000 flow-modifications per second for fast table refresh in even the most dynamic applications
- Utilizes the same highly programmable NPUs found in traditional routers
- Supports on-demand service chaining of various virtual network functions, replacing expensive and overprovisioned in-line dedicated network appliances
- Allows for the creation of not only traditional L2 and L3 packet processing pipelines but also the integration into the same pipeline of additional functionality such as service chaining and NFV data planes (FW, LB, NAT, EPC)
“NoviFlow believes in SDN and the Open Source Software movement. We see such initiatives as key enablers of the SDN ecosystem. For the last year the ONOS controller and the Open Networking Foundation’s Atrium project have been part of NoviFlow’s high-performance solutions for carriers and data centers, as demonstrated live at multiple showcases and industry events,” stated NoviFlow’s President and CEO, Dominique Jodoin.
Visit http://noviflow.com/solutions/scale-out-routers/ for more information on the NoviFlow Scale-Out BGP Router solution.
NoviFlow Inc. provides high-performance OpenFlow-based switching solutions and applications to network carriers, data center operators and enterprises seeking greater control and flexibility over their networks. NoviFlow has offices in Montreal, Sunnyvale and Seattle. For more information, visit www.noviflow.com. Follow NoviFlow on Twitter: @NoviFlowInc.