STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Swedish Match: (STO:SWMA)
· Sales for the full year increased by 9 percent to 14,486 MSEK (13,305) and for the fourth quarter by 5 percent to 3,719 MSEK (3,536). In local currencies, sales increased by 2 percent for both the full year and for the fourth quarter.
· Operating profit from product areas1) for the full year increased by 7 percent to 3,690 MSEK (3,446) and for the fourth quarter by 1 percent to 908 MSEK (900). In local currencies, operating profit from product areas1) declined by 2 percent for the full year and declined by 4 percent for the fourth quarter.
· Swedish Match has, beginning this reporting period, started reporting its share of STG’s net profit with a one quarter lag, due to differences in reporting schedules between Swedish Match and STG. Due to this, no net profit from STG was recognized for the October-December 2015 period.
· Operating profit2) (excluding share of STG’s net profit for the fourth quarter 2015 due to changed reporting) amounted to 4,008 MSEK (3,780) for the full year and to 908 MSEK (992) for the fourth quarter.
· EPS (basic) for the full year amounted to 14.48 SEK (13.23) and to 3.34 SEK (3.55 including 0.47 from share of net profit in STG) for the fourth quarter. The decline in EPS for the fourth quarter was fully attributable to the changed reporting relating to STG.
· The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of 20.00 SEK per share consisting of an increased ordinary dividend of 8.00 SEK (7.50) and a special dividend of 12.00 SEK, following Swedish Match’s partial divestment of STG in conjunction with the listing of STG on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
· Following the close of the period STG was listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen and Swedish Match reduced its ownership from 49 percent to 31.2 percent.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes share of net profit in STG.
2) Operating profit for the Group includes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.
For the full report: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Swedish Match telephone conference A telephone conference will be held today, Friday, February 19 at 10:30 a.m. (CET), (9:30 a.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Marlene Forsell, and Emmett Harrison. Listen to the telephone conference live at: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Replay will be available for 30 days at the link above as well as on telephone number: UK replay number: +44 20 7031 4064, access code: 550963 US replay number: +1 888 365 0240, access code: 550963 Swedish replay number: +46 8 505 203 33, access code: 550963 __________
The character of the information in this report is such that it shall be disclosed by Swedish Match AB (publ) in accordance with the Swedish Securities Markets Act. The information was disclosed to the media on February 19, 2016 at 08.15 a.m. (CET). ___________
Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market-leading brands in the product areas Snus and moist snuff, Other tobacco products (cigars and chewing tobacco), and Lights (matches, lighters, and complementary products). Production is located in six countries, with sales concentrated in Scandinavia and the US. The Swedish Match share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (SWMA).
Swedish Match’s vision is a world without cigarettes. Some of its well-known brands include: General, Longhorn, White Owl, Red Man, Fiat Lux, and Cricket.
Swedish Match AB (publ), SE-118 85 Stockholm, Sweden Visiting address: Sveavägen 44, 8th Floor. Telephone: +46 8 658 0200 Corporate Identity Number: 556015-0756 www.swedishmatch.com
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com