CAMBRIDGE, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cintra Translation, a leading East of England language services agency, today signalled its growing strength in the commercial translation and interpreting sector with the announcement that it has purchased translation agency First Edition.
With an annual turnover currently in excess of £3.5 million, Cintra Translation operates a round-the-clock, 365 day-a-year service, supplying qualified interpreters and translators skilled in over 100 languages for public sector and commercial clients.
First Edition Translations is one of the UK’s oldest established translation agencies with particular expertise in editorial translation in the publishing, pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors. Both companies are based in Cambridge, UK, serving clients in the UK and internationally.
Announcing the acquisition, Cintra Translation CEO Jerry Froggett said: “Quality is in the DNA of Cintra and First Edition. In an increasingly competitive and price sensitive sector, we stand out in our industry as operating not only some of the strictest recruitment processes for linguists, but also for offering superb opportunities for training and professional development.
“This consistent emphasis on quality and trust over many years has brought commercial success and earned both companies excellent reputations with clients here and abroad.
“Now with First Edition on board, and capitalising on the expertise available on our doorstep in one of Europe’s fastest growing and most dynamic regions, Cintra Translation is exceptionally well-placed to extend our offer both to clients and to the exceptional linguists we employ. We look forward to considerable growth in our market share.”
First Edition Managing Director, Sheila Waller, shares that vision for growth and will play a key role in the new company. She commented: “Our shared commitment to quality and integrity is fundamental to our plans for the future.”
The companies will continue to trade as Cintra Translation and First Edition Translations respectively with no immediate plans for a change of business entity.
Notes to editors
About Cintra Translation www.cintra.org.uk
- With an annual turnover currently in excess of £3.5 million, Cintra Translation operates a round-the-clock, 365 day-a-year service, supplying qualified interpreters and translators skilled in over 100 languages for public sector and commercial clients.
- Cintra’s CEO Jerry Froggett, joined Cintra Translation Ltd in July 2015, following a 22-year career in senior positions in the aviation industry.
About First Edition Translations www.firstedit.co.uk
- Founded in 1981, First Edition Translations is particularly recognised for its expertise in the publishing, pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors.
- First Edition is a founder member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting.
- Sheila Waller has run First Edition since 1997. She has extensive international business experience and a strong background in the publishing sector.