MELBOURNE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) will host an air traffic management speaker series and showcase its industry-leading aerospace, defense and security technologies at the 2016 Singapore Airshow at the Changi Exhibition Centre from Feb. 16 to 21. Harris will be located in the U.S. Pavilion at stand Q67, and at chalet SC22-24.
The exclusive Harris speaker series will feature daily presentations from air traffic management (ATM) leaders from Asia-Pacific (APAC) who will share their thoughts on ATM priorities and challenges in the region. The series brings together some of the most prominent ATM leaders and experts in the APAC region to speak, including ICAO Asia Pacific’s regional director, and will highlight topics including APAC’s technological advances of ATM, the prominent role of ATM in the region, as well as overall challenges and opportunities in APAC. Scheduled to appear are Mr. Arun Mishra, Director ICAO APAC Office; Mr. Simon Li, Deputy DG of Civil Aviation (Air Traffic Services) Hong Kong CAD; and Mr. Hideki Sugai, Director of Japan’s ATM Centre.
At Harris’ stand and chalet, the company will highlight individual technology offerings for specific APAC markets – including ATM, defense, space, weather, environment, geospatial and others. Individual solutions that will be demonstrated or exhibited include:
- ATM switch and rapid incident response solutions
- Individual solider system with night vision augmented reality; airborne/manpack and handheld radios; streaming video and mapping
- Electronic warfare and weapons release systems
- Monitoring, small satellite, GPS and environmental technologies
The company also will showcase how its comprehensive capabilities can be combined to address broad-based scenarios to connect, inform and protect – such as in emergency responses, cities of the future, economic uncertainty and amphibious battlefields. Learn more at harris.com/Singapore.
“The Singapore Airshow represents an excellent opportunity to demonstrate our advanced ATM capabilities, as well as other solutions to address other critical needs in the fast-growing and diverse Asia-Pacific region,” said Anurag Maheshwari, managing director, Asia-Pacific, Harris Corporation. “Harris’ commitment to the Asia-Pacific region is demonstrated by our established Singapore headquarters and 15 offices throughout the APAC region that develop solutions for local markets.”
Harris capabilities overview:
- Space & Intelligence Systems: Harris is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions for leveraging remote sensing data to enhance public safety and improve business intelligence. This family includes IntelliEarth™ Global Weather Solutions, IntelliEarth™ Geospatial Solutions, and wide-area sensors such as CorvusEye® 1500.
- Communication Systems: During the past decade, Harris has fielded more than 700,000 ground, airborne and vehicular radio systems throughout the world, providing reliable communications for those who defend, protect and serve.
- Electronic Systems: Harris has more than 50 years of experience ensuring the U.S. military and its allies maintain a strong advantage in electronic warfare.
- Critical Networks: Harris is modernizing worldwide air traffic management with technologies that improve the safety, capacity and efficiency of aviation while accommodating future air traffic growth.
About Harris Corporation
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries, has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue and 22,000 employees worldwide. The company is organized into four business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks. Learn more at harris.com.