DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5mtlrp/2016_global) has announced the addition of the "2016 Global Markets For Specialty Surgical Wound Care Products: Surgical Sealants, Glues, Absorbable Hemostats, And Adhesion Prevention Products" report to their offering.
The global market for specialty surgical wound care products-which includes sealants, glues, absorbable hemostats, and adhesion prevention products-was valued at $3.2 billion in 2014.
The main factor influencing growth in the market is surgical volumes; rising numbers of surgeries in major global markets will generate greater revenues through 2020, when total sales are projected to reach $4.4 billion. Sales of absorbable hemostats and adhesion prevention products are expected to increase at the swiftest rates, followed by surgical glues and sealants.
Factors driving growth through 2020 include the following:
- Rising surgical volumes due to greater access to healthcare in the U.S. and emerging markets. Favorable demographics in mature markets such as Japan and Western Europe should generate mild increases in annual caseloads;
- Growing utilization in emerging markets and important surgical applications, such as cardiothoracic surgery and neurosurgery; and
New product introductions which will help to sustain pricing levels.
Factors limiting growth through 2020 include the following:
- Cost-containment efforts in key regional markets, such as Europe, which should lead to price erosion;
- Important shifts in surgical technique, such as the rising use of laparoscopy in gastrointestinal surgery; and
The relative maturity of important segments, such as surgical glues
for open surgical repairs of the aorta, carotid, and femoral arteries.
- Baxter International
- CSL Behring
- Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson)
- Genzyme (Sanofi-Aventis)
- HemCon Medical Technologies
- Hyperbranch Medical Technology
- Integra LifeSciences
- King Pharmaceuticals (Pfizer)
- MAST Biosurgery
- Medafor (C.R. Bard)
- Orthovita (Stryker)
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals International
- Tenaxis Medical
- Vivostat A/S
Zymogenetics (Bristol-Myers Squibb)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5mtlrp/2016_global