SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the industry’s only converged data platform, today announced annual billings growth of over 100% compared to the prior year. MapR customers continue to expand their big data initiatives and benefit from the value of a Converged Data Platform. MapR accelerated growth in Q4 with record quarterly billings reflecting the operational impact of recently appointed President and COO, Matt Mills.
Customers deploy multiple MapR products to converge analytics at scale, enterprise storage, database operations, and streaming analytics including Spark on a single platform. The value that customers receive from MapR products is reflected in the company’s dollar-based net expansion rate of 146% and an impressive 99% customer retention rate. New worldwide MapR customers include Baptist Health, Fishbowl, Harte Hanks, Macquarie Telecom, NASDAQ, Paysafe, SurveyMonkey, Valence Health, and Wells Fargo. They join existing customers such as American Express, Comcast, IRI, Novartis, Qualcomm, Rubicon, Samsung, and UnitedHealthcare Group that continue to expand their MapR environments.
“The MapR Converged Data Platform is a game changer that accelerates businesses and disrupts industries,” said John Schroeder, CEO and Founder of MapR Technologies. “We’re seeing increasing demand for our mission critical and real-time capabilities, and the business, product and community investments we’ve made will allow us to continue our fast-paced growth.”
Additional Business Highlights
- Matt Mills, former Oracle executive, joined as MapR President and COO.
- Recorded multi-million dollar purchases from one or more customers in seven diverse vertical markets.
- Expanded MapR public cloud presence with new offerings including Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace, Azure Marketplace, AWS Test Drive, Azure Fast Start, and extended integration with Google Compute Platform.
- Introduced the only Converged Data Platform to combine the power of Hadoop and Spark with real-time database capabilities, global event streaming and enterprise storage.
- Awarded U.S. patent on data architecture innovations that enable real-time and mission-critical application deployments at scale.
- Launched the industry’s first in-Hadoop document database adding native JSON.
- Announced MapR Streams, a publish-subscribe streaming system for big data that uniquely supports global event replication reliably at IoT scale.
- Continued to participate in and lead multiple open source projects, including Apache Drill (schema-free SQL engine), Apache Myriad (Mesos resource management framework for Hadoop), and OJAI (open JSON application interface).
Customer and Community Highlights
- Over 96% of customers run multiple use cases on a single MapR cluster.
- Industry awards received for MapR deployments at Comcast, comScore, Experian, IRI, National Institute of Health, National Oilwell Varco (NOV), Novartis, and Wells Fargo.
- Over 50,000 professionals received free MapR On-Demand Training in a wide range of big data technologies including Hadoop and Spark.
- Over 3,000 users and developers attended MapR-hosted Big Data Everywhere conferences that focused on Hadoop, Spark, and data convergence.
Tweet this: MapR reports over 100% increase in annual billings http://bit.ly/1PiYC4T
About MapR Technologies
MapR provides the industry's only converged data platform that integrates the power of Hadoop and Spark with global event streaming, real-time database capabilities, and enterprise storage, enabling customers to harness the enormous power of their data. Organizations with the most demanding production needs, including sub-second response for fraud prevention, secure and highly available data-driven insights for better healthcare, petabyte analysis for threat detection, and integrated operational and analytic processing for improved customer experiences, run on MapR. A majority of customers achieves payback in fewer than 12 months and realizes greater than 5X ROI. MapR ensures customer success through world-class professional services and with free on-demand training that 50,000 developers, data analysts and administrators have used to close the big data skills gap. Amazon, Cisco, Google, HPE, Microsoft, SAP, and Teradata are part of the worldwide MapR partner ecosystem. Investors include Google Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, Qualcomm Ventures and Redpoint Ventures. Connect with MapR on LinkedIn, and Twitter.