HAMDEN, Conn. & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TransAct® Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq: TACT) (“TransAct” or “the Company”), a global leader in printers and software for the gaming and casino and other industries, will demonstrate in conjunction with its exclusive global distributor Suzo-Happ that “Epicentral® is the Proven Ticket to Growing Casino Revenue” at ICE Totally Gaming 2016 in London, England. The Company’s display in Suzo-Happ’s stand (#N4-110) at the annual show, to be held at the ExCeL London Exhibition Center on February 2-4, 2016, will also include the new Epic 3000® lottery printer and TransAct’s portfolio of industry-leading, award-winning Epic printers for the worldwide casino and gaming market.
Headlining TransAct’s presence at ICE Totally Gaming 2016 is Epicentral. The industry’s only enterprise-level promotion and bonusing software suite, Epicentral allows casinos to deliver, in real-time, targeted coupons directly to their customers at the slot machine or electronic table game. Deployed alongside the Company’s ServerPort™ and Epic 950® ticket printer, Epicentral provides casino marketing teams with an unmatched, easy-to-use software suite that enables the design and delivery of floor-wide promotions using a wide variety of criteria, including uncarded player time on machine, coin in, carded player data, rated player data, earned rewards and randomly awarded prizes. Promotions are run at the click of a button, vastly simplifying the process of attracting, rewarding and retaining players.
“The entire TransAct team is committed to delivering quality products to casino and lottery operators that offer innovative solutions and proven performance. In an environment of ever increasing competition amongst casinos, our customers are constantly looking to providers whose solutions meaningfully improve floor performance and drive revenue growth,” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies. “To that end, the proven success of Epicentral can dramatically change an operator’s business and we believe that its real-time promotional delivery capabilities and enhanced value proposition is the direct embodiment of our efforts. We are excited to show ICE Totally Gaming 2016 attendees the successes Epicentral has achieved to date, including one example of a 1,000% return on investment and another of a 100% increase in lower-tier Average Daily Theo (“ADT”).”
TransAct will also demonstrate in Europe for the first time its new Epic 3000 lottery printer. Following a successful debut at the Global Gaming Expo in 2015 and building on a track record of proven performance across thousands of locations over the last 20 years, the Epic 3000 lottery printer delivers a number of industry-unique standout features. It offers an anti-jam front paper exit for reliable operation, the ability to print and stack up to 100 tickets without shuffling, a large 7.5-inch diameter paper roll, and the industry’s only full tool steel rotary cutter, making it the fastest transaction printer for the lottery industry.
Also on display at the ExCeL London Exhibition Center in conjunction with Suzo-Happ (Stand #N4-110) will be the Company’s full lineup of industry-leading printing solutions for gaming devices and self-service kiosks, including:
- Epic 950 – With a worldwide installed base of over 500,000 units, the award-winning Epic 950 is the ticket-in/ticket-out (“TITO”) casino printing solution of choice. Delivering unmatched reliability, the Epic 950 is easily integrated into all game types both old and new and is fully compatible with Epicentral, allowing for the direct delivery of eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers to the gaming machine, all in real time. Additionally, the Epic 950’s TicketBurst™ technology eliminates player/ticket interference.
- Epic 880® – The Epic 880 is a compact gaming device printer (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals) that features a fully configurable, modular design, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
- Epic 883® – This compact kiosk printer is a higher resolution version of the Epic 880 and delivers clear graphic and text printing at resolutions of up to 300 dpi. The Epic 883 is compatible with a wide variety of applications including amusement with prizes (“AWP”), skill with prizes (“SWP”) and video lottery terminals (“VLT”).
- Epic 430® – With an easy-to-configure modular design, the Epic 430 is ideal for casino operators’ customer self-service kiosks. The printer features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
- Epic 950® by TransAct® Enclosure – Taking the reliability and flexibility of the Epic 950 beyond the slot machine, this new product addresses a growing need in the marketplace. The TableTop Enclosure brings together an Epic 950 and power supply in a tidy, compact design for use at table games, players’ club desks and cash desks. The new In-Table Enclosure allows the Epic 950 to be mounted underneath the table game, presenting tickets via a bezel that rises up through the table.
Mr. Shuldman concluded, “Our Epic line of casino, gaming and lottery printers remains the proven industry choice and we are excited to demonstrate at ICE Totally Gaming 2016 the most diverse line of printing solutions on the marketplace today. In particular, the new Epic 3000 lottery printer is a highly reliable solution for the broader global lottery marketplace which joins our award-winning Epic casino and gaming printers and clearly demonstrates our unwavering commitment to ongoing investments in technology and innovation. Alongside Suzo-Happ, we can offer this portfolio of gaming solutions around the globe.”
For more information about the Epicentral print system and the Company’s Epic series of gaming device printers, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com.
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a leader in developing and manufacturing market-specific solutions, including printers, terminals, software and other products for transaction-based and other industries. These industries include casino and gaming, lottery, food safety, banking, point-of-sale, hospitality, oil and gas, and medical and mobile. TransAct printers and products are designed from the ground up based on market-specific requirements and are sold under the AccuDate™, Ithaca®, RESPONDER, Epic®, EPICENTRAL® and Printrex® product brands. TransAct distributes its printers and terminals through OEMs, value-added resellers, selected distributors, and direct to end-users. TransAct has over 2.7 million printers and terminals installed around the world. TransAct is also committed to providing world-class printer service, spare parts, accessories and printing supplies to its worldwide installed base of products. Through its TransAct Services Group, TransAct provides a complete range of supplies and consumable items used in the printing and scanning activities of customers in the hospitality, banking, retail, gaming, government and oil and gas exploration markets. Through its webstore, http://www.transactsupplies.com, and a direct selling team, TransAct addresses the on-line demand for these products. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call 203.859.6800.
Epicentral and Epic are registered trademarks of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2016 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Certain statements in this press release include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may", "will", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "anticipate", "believe" or "continue" or the negative thereof or other similar words. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, customer acceptance and market share gains, both domestically and internationally, in the face of substantial competition from competitors that have broader lines of products and greater financial resources; our competitors introducing new products into the marketplace; our ability to successfully develop new products; our dependence on significant customers; our dependence on significant vendors; dependence on contract manufacturers for the assembly of a large portion of our products in Asia; our ability to protect intellectual property; our ability to recruit and retain quality employees as the Company grows; our dependence on third parties for sales outside the United States, including Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; the economic and political conditions in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; marketplace acceptance of new products; risks associated with foreign operations; the availability of third-party components at reasonable prices; price wars or other significant pricing pressures affecting the Company's products in the United States or abroad; risks associated with potential future acquisitions; our new line of food safety and oil and gas products driving increased adoption by customers; and other risk factors detailed from time to time in TransAct's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and the Company assumes no duty to update them to reflect new, changing or unanticipated events or circumstances.