DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6klk6l/smart_toys_a_new) has announced the addition of the "Smart Toys: A New Video Game Market Segment - 2015 Edition" report to their offering.
Smart toys' or 'app toys' consist of three interconnected elements: a video game (or application interface), one or more connected objects and a distribution platform with a display. Smart toys now constitute a new market segment, halfway between the video game and toy industries. This report analyses the current state of development of this phenomenon, including the operating principles, creative potential, summary of current offerings, business models and challenges facing the industry.
The second edition of this report identifies the main challenges faced by the 'smart toy' market, also known as 'toys-to-life', over the next two years.
It analyses the main trends and key success factors of smart toys, and provides data (volume of smart toys sold, market value) for the period between 2015 and 2020, broken down per geographical region.
- A market halfway between the video game industry and the toy industry
- An oligopoly that will change gear in 2016
- Endless potential for content
- Four main business models
- Key success factors
- Ten opportunities and challenges for 2016-2017
- en opportunities and challenges for 2016-2017
- More than 660 million smart toys sold by 2020
- A global market worth 8.4 billion EUR in 2020
- Activision Blizzard
- Disney Games
- Identity Game Talpa
- Jakks Pacific
- Melissa & Doug
- MGA Entertainment
- Nordeau Creative
- Roam & Wander
- StarBreeze Studios
1. Executive Summary
3. Introduction: context
4. Smart toys in the video game industry
5. Smart toys in the toy industry
6. Industry takeaways and future prospects
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6klk6l/smart_toys_a_new