DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4v38jz/the_cran) has announced the addition of SNS Research's new report "The C-RAN (Centralized Radio Access Network) Ecosystem: 2016 - 2030 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts" to their offering.
The report estimates that global investments on C-RAN architecture networks will reach over $7 Billion by the end of 2016. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 20% between 2016 and 2020.
Although Japan and South Korea continue to spearhead commercial C-RAN investments, interest is also growing in other parts of the world. Mobile operators such as China Mobile, Orange, Verizon and Sprint are already investing in the technology.
- To alleviate stringent fronthaul requirements, an increasing number of C-RAN solutions are now utilizing RRHs with baseband capabilities, allowing some intelligence (primarily Layer 1 and Layer 2) to be distributed among RRHs, with Layer 3 functionality residing at centralized BBUs.
- The ongoing 5G race is expected to significantly boost C-RAN investments over the coming years. The author estimates that over $1 Billion of all C-RAN architecture network investments will be directed towards 5G networks by the end of 2020.
- At present, most virtualized Cloud RAN investments are limited to trials and demonstrations. However, by the end of 2020, we expect that virtualized BBUs will account for over 6% of all C-RAN BBU investments.
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project)
- ADLINK Technology
- ADVA Optical Networking
- ARM Holdings
- ASTRI (Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute)
- Absolute Analysis
- Accelink Technologies
Key Topics Covered:
2: An Overview of C-RAN
3: Standardization & Regulatory Initiatives
4: C-RAN Deployment Models & Case Studies
5: C-RAN Industry Roadmap & Value Chain
6: Key Market Players
7: Market Analysis & Forecasts
8: Conclusion & Strategic Recommendations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4v38jz/the_cran